Sunday, November 07, 2010

Just popping in to say hello

I still don't have any stitching I can share, so I thought I would post some non-stitching photos so my blog doesn't become neglected.

Today has been a beautiful day, so DH and I were outside for four or five hours tidying up the garden. We are going to have a go at growing our own vegies, and I am quite excited at the prospect. So here is my gardening mosaic...

Garden fun

Two weeks ago we had a long weekend, so we made the most of it and hired a cottage far out in the Wairarapa countryside. It was very remote and very picturesque. We were also very lucky to have some gorgeous weather (as one day here it rains, and the next it is like summer!). So here is my farm holiday mosaic...

Farm holiday

If you want to see the larger images, feel free to check out my Flickr album (link on the left hand side of my blog).

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

Brigitte said...

I also love to do yardwork in the spring and prepare the garden for all the plants that wil grow there. Very nice pictures.

Hazel said...

Lovely pics Rowyn. Thanks for sharing. x

Chris said...

Beautiful pics Rowyn

Margaret said...

What lovely garden and holiday pics! Looks like you've been keeping busy!

Ann in Scotland. said...

I love your mosaics, the pink flower that is open is very pretty. I'm sure you have some lovely flowers that we don't have over here in Scotland. Our climate can be so harsh at times.

MyLifesAStitch said...

Love the pics! Hope you are doing well!! :)

Catherine said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Lovely pics Rowyn!

Ahhh, it's nice to see Spring somewhere! I will look forward to seeing your garden adventures through the seasons! I am also intrigued by the white and red speckled foxglove - very cool. I just get the plain ones!

Have fun playing in the dirt!

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful pictures Rowyn! TFS :o)

Carol said...

Oh, Rowyn--your spring is looking so lovely! Thanks for sending some flowers and sunshine into my gray November home :)

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Whenever this winter time stuff
gets to be too much it's nice to
know that I can come visit your
blog and look at the wonderful
pictures of your garden to lift
my spirits.

I think a vegetable garden of
your own sounds like a great
idea. and it looks like you've
got plenty of space for a nice
size one. What kinds of veggies
do you want to grow??

Wairarapa looks like a
stunningly beautiful place to
get away to. I checked out
your pictures on flickr and
enjoyed them so much.

By the way, I wouldn't have
gone on that Waiohine Gorge
swing bridge either. Yikes!
Gorgeous views are best
appreciated with both feet
firmly planted on solid,
unmoving ground.

Ohhh... the Awaiti Gardens
look spectacular!! I swear
I could smell the aroma of
those wonderful flowers in
your pictures!! MMmmmmmm.

Cheers!!

Farm Girl said...

Gorgeous pics Rowyn, your garden is beautiful. Your break away looks great. We're heading to Wellington and Wairarapa in a couple of weeks with our girls - can't wait!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful pictures, Rowyn!