Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just how beautiful is this...

Late this afternoon my DH brought in some mail and there was another squishy package for me. This time it was my Christmas ornament exchange from Chris.

Wow, spoilt again. Feast your eyes on this gorgeous little beauty...

My stunning ornament from Chris in North Carolina

It is the Drawn Thread's First Snow. Now a funny little story... I have loved this freebie design for many years, and the other day I decided to finally pull it out and get stitching on it. LOL. I'll still finish my version, but then I'll probably give it away as a gift.

Thanks again Chris - I love it! You chose so well :-)

Chris couldn't have chosen better, I'm currently stitching the same design :-)

While I'm here I may as well post another photo or two. Some more ornaments in the making...

Christmas ornies in the making

And this little angel who surely must have fallen from heaven, with those cherubic looks and curls!

Such cute curls!

Finally since a few of you liked the photo of the pink lupin, here's a purple one.

Loving the lupins

It has been really hot here today (my car read the temperature at 24.5 degrees Celsius at 11am this morning, and it seemed to get hotter after that). I think summer has arrived! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Ann in Scotland. said...

Another gorgeous lupin, a lovely colour. I envy you the weather - we got up to two inches of snow this morning! I know where I'd rather be.

Hazel said...

Beautifil pictures. Love your ornies. x

Chris said...

Hey Rowyn,
I have also stitched 2 of the ornaments that you have stitched :) I guess that we both have very similar tastes.
Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

What a beautiful ornaments finish!! I was looking at that one just the other day!! Too funny! Now that I see how pretty it can be, I might just have to pull it out! Love all your other stitches as well!

What a cutie - one has to love those curls!

Since we are in our fall season and it is winding down towards our winter, I am really enjoying your beautiful flowers!

Erica said...

Oooh! First Snow is lovely! I am going to look for that one!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, the colors in that lupin are gorgeous.
And Phoebe - just too cute. That child has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.
Your ornament is lovely. How wonderful have it as a gift. I think that makes it more special.

Lee said...

You have caught the rich colour of the lupin perfectly.
Is'nt it fun to get exciting parcels, First Snow is such a lovely design.

Carol said...

Beautiful ornaments and lupin--but none are as beautiful as Miss Phoebe! What a dear little cherub she is!

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow, another great parcel in the mail! Too funny that you already started stitching this ornament :o)

At least we now have proof that you have been stitching. LOL! Love them all!

Great pictures. TFS :o)

Cindy's Stitching said...

First snow. I must do this one. You pictures are so clear and pretty. You have done some beautiful pieces.