Sunday, November 28, 2010

For those of you in need of a summer fix

Summer definitely seems to have arrived in my corner of the world. Today DH and I headed to Cape Palliser to make the most of a sunny Sunday.

So I thought I would share some photos in the form of a mosaic for those of you who have been enjoying my summer flower photos and may be in need of another summer fix! :-)

I haven't adjusted the colour of these photos - the sky and the sea really were that blue. DH and I couldn't stop commenting on it, even though we have been there numerous times before and it is always like this.

Cape Palliser mosaic

It has been a terribly sad week for New Zealand with the loss of 29 miners. My thoughts are with those who have been affected by this terrible disaster.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such beautiful pictures. I wish i was there. We have snow already (we never get snow in November).
So sad about those miners

Chris said...

Beautiful pics!
The miner's and their families have been in our thoughts and prayers here.

Carol said...

What an amazingly beautiful country you are lucky enough to live in Rowyn! Thanks for bringing some warmth to our frigid part of the world.

Such a tragedy for the miners and their families...

Pumpkin said...

Amazing photos!

stitcheranon said...

The miners were international and it has been heartbreaking.

We have family in New Zealand, and as I look at the photos I am wondering why we are living in snowy Ireland when we could be there.

Have a wonderful summer.

Melissa said...

Thank you for the lovely photos, Rowyn! I can almost feel the sea breeze! The center photo in the bottom is amazing.

I'm catching up on your blog posts and your little niece is getting cuter by the day!

It was very sad indeed to hear of the loss of the miners in NZ.

Ann in Scotland. said...

We now have over twenty inches of snow Rowyn, so it's a delight to pop over and see some sunshine. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.