Sunday, November 21, 2010

Daybook journal

Outside my window ..... the bottlebrush tree is in bloom with it's beautiful red flowers, the pink and purple lupins are also flowering, the sky is blue (but the sun isn't shining brightly at this time of night) and my water feature which sits on our deck is trickling away

I am thinking .... it's not a bad life!

I am thankful for ...... a great family BBQ we had at our place last night. The weather was dry and very warm, and cute little Phoebe came along and provided the entertainment :-)

I am wearing ..... dark blue jeans, a pink hooded sweatshirt, purple socks and my favourite moccasin slippers

I am loving .... my DH, who works hard at our family business and does so much around the house that I really feel quite spoilt (I haven't done housework or grocery shopping in about four weeks!)

I am stitching .... Christmas ornaments (and finishing them too for the exchanges I'm participating in and some for my tree. I am running a little later than anticipated but the overseas ones are going out in the mail this week!)

I am hoping .... that an appointment I have at the beginning of next month brings promising news

I am drooling over .... Siobhan's lovely blog post with loads of past stitchy finishes. Real eye candy!

I am sorely tempted by ...... Just Nan's Sheep ornament pocket. Too cute!

I am hearing ...... birds. We live on the outskirts of town and next to an area of bush which is teeming with birds (Tuis, ducks, wood pigeons, fantails, the occasional Rosella and all sorts of birds - they start early in the morning with a dawn chorus and the Moreporks (owl) take over with their call at night

I am reading ..... blogs, as always!

On my mind ..... Christmas. I'm looking forward to Christmas and a couple of weeks off work!

From my picture journal.... a pretty lupin growing in my garden

Don't know what this is but I love the flower and the leaves are so lush looking

If anyone else does the daybook journal this time, let me know and I'll come and visit your blog.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I have not tried a daybook journal - but did enjoy reading yours, so perhaps I should think about doing one!

Pumpkin said...

Your lupines are beautiful! I didn't know you had them over there :o)

Ann in Scotland. said...

I love your lupins. They remind me of my childhood when we had lupins every summer. It's a very pretty colour - strange to see it when it is winter with us.

Cheryl said...

Ooh im intrigued by one of those in particular!
Enjoyed this post :-)

Siobhan said...

Awww, you're so sweet! :) It *almost* makes up for teasing us with the fact that you haven't done housework or grocery shopping in 4 weeks. LUCKY!! ;) I have bags full of groceries to put away--I think that's my least favorite task. The lupins are beautiful!

Neat idea on the day book journal--I've never heard of it before.