Saturday, August 14, 2010

Where for art thou Spring?

I haven't seen any signs of spring around these parts yet (like lambs or daffodils), but the weather is certainly milder than it has been and the days are getting noticeably longer. Yay.

But... today is still dull weatherwise, so I thought it was a good opportunity to check in again with a bit more progress on Mr and Mrs Abbott's Daughters.

I looked back to see how many WIP pics I've shown on my blog for this smallish design - phew, this is only the third. I didn't want to highlight too much my slow rate of stitching.

Getting there...

For me, the rest of the weekend will be spent entertaining, going to Zumba and hopefully I might even get Mr & Mrs Abbott's Daughters finished up.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

16 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Any progress is great progress! It's looking great, and definitely growing too.
Hugs, Nicky
PS: Love your birds and chicks from your last post - so cute!

Kathy A. said...

Hi Rowyn - sorry I've been amongst the missing lately. Life is just too crazy.
Love your stitch. Look forward to seeing those pretty daughters.
I hope spring shows it's lovely colors soon.
I could use a little fall around here. The humidity is hard to handle these days.

Margaret said...

Beautiful! I love watching your progress! I'm looking forward to fall right now. I love being opposite seasons to you all down there! :D

Cheryl said...

Oh i really like this design! Slow progress is better than no progress..which is me at the moment!
Have a great weekend x

Andrea said...

Oh, I love your WIP!! I've had that kit in my stash for years and never gotten to it...yours is the first I've seen in progress! Beautiful!

Vicky said...

I saw some almond trees in blossom here in Perth :)

Brigitte said...

I love the two designs, they are so pretty. Great progress so far!

Carol said...

Even though this is a "smallish" design, it is solid stitching and that can take so, so many hours. Your work is lovely, Rowyn. I hope spring days visit you very soon :)

Meadows08 said...

It's such a great pattern! Love seeing your progress.

StitchCat said...

Good progress Rowyn. Looking good. We have got the daffodills in Greymouth sprouting up and last weekend I was horrified to see all the lambs in the horrible weather the South Island had.

Pumpkin said...

It sounds so funny that you're waiting for spring and we're waiting for fall :o)

You've done quite a bit of stitching! I see you took the yellow out. Find a replacement color yet?

MyLifesAStitch said...

Lookin' good! I love hearing from folks on the opposite end of the seasonal spectrum... I'm sitting here chanting "Come OOON Fall!!!", and have noticed the days shortening up lately. :) Have a great week!

Karoline said...

It's looking lovely, great progress

Sonda in OR said...

Looks wonderful...you're getting so close, right?? Can't feel bad about that.

Suzanne said...

Great progress!

We are just getting little glimpses of spring, but the weather is up an down at the moment.

Hazel said...

I love them!! Can't wait to see them finished. x