Monday, August 02, 2010

Day book journal

I saw Fiona's day book journal on her blog. I really enjoyed reading it and thought I would give it a go myself.

Outside my window ..... it is dark. Living on the outskirts of town, it really is very dark

I am thinking .... about daffodils. Perhaps if I had planted my spring bulbs earlier in the year they might be peeking through the ground by now

I am thankful for ...... discovering Zumba classes. They are so much fun – and what better way to exercise than dancing and laughing your way through it

I am wearing ..... trackpants, a hooded fleece and my favourite moccasin slippers

I am loving …. The heat coming off the fire. It has been a cold winter this year

I am stitching .... Mr and Mrs Abbott’s Daughters by Carriage House Samplings. It is probably about ¾ done

I am hoping .... that I have a loss on the scales at Weight Watchers tomorrow night. Despite the piece of raspberry and white chocolate sponge cake I had on Sunday, it has been a good week

I am drooling over .... my new perfume that my sister gave me for my birthday. Circus by Britney Spears. Mmmm…

I am sorely tempted by ...... Marchioness by Jarden Prive. I don’t need anything more to stitch but it is rather pretty…

I am hearing ...... a war programme on the TV that my husband is watching (Generation Kill)

I am reading ..... blogs, of course!

On my mind .....Babies. Sigh… they are so lovely. Especially my little niece Phoebe!

From my picture journal…. This is our grocery alarm. We know we need to do the shopping when the cats start sitting in the fruit bowl



If anyone else decides to follow Fiona's lead and does the day book journal, let me know and I'll come and visit!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I loved it! Fun to read, you're right. Perhaps I'll do it sometime. And I love your grocery alarm! lol!

FIONA said...

Great to read your day book journal - I found it somewhere else (Cinderberry Stitches I think) and I thought it a good idea to look back on! And it's fun! I'll be back!! Well done - love the photo of the cat too!!

Christine said...

What a great idea! I think I'll play along, too.

By the way, you really should submit that photo to I Can Has Cheezburger...it's perfect for captioning!

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed your post!! Zumba seems to be taking over the world! Never been but a lot of my friends go. Seen loads of adverts for it when we were in Florida too

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! I LOVE your grocery alarm ;o) Where can you buy one of those?

Carol R said...

I've played along too!

Vicky said...

What a great idea, I am off to do this now.

StitchCat said...

Cute pic Rowyn

Lonneke said...

Very nice! Did one too.
Love your grocery alarm! Could use one myself! :-)

Bridgette said...

You have a adorable grocery alarm!!

I am playing along also I just added it to my catagories. I too think it will be neat to look back upon.