Saturday, August 21, 2010

88

Thanks for all your comments on my last post.

Many of you asked about my plan of attack. Here is what I have been thinking about -

Step 1 - Don't stress, it is just cross stitch and not crucial to survival :-)
Step 2 - Work out which ones I would really like framed by a professional and start getting them done
Step 3 - Work out which ones DH and I could frame by ourselves (His idea after I showed him the photos. He said I should measure them and then we can start looking for frames)
Step 4 - Work out which of the smaller ones I want to "finish, finish" and start working on them as the mood takes me

Although, I did get a giggle out of Nicky's comment about stitching a few more and going for a century! :-)

That century may be closer than I realise. Since I posted yesterday the number has increased to 88. I finished Mr and Mrs Abbott's Daughters last night, and while I was pulling threads for my next project I found another finish hiding in the recesses of my stitching basket. I suspect there may be one or two others hiding in other places.

Mr and Mrs Abbott's Daughters finished

My next project is Just Nan's Summer Humbug. I definitely intend to make this up as soon as I finish the stitching. Such pretty colours.

Next project - Just Nan Summer Humbug

Hope you are having a lovely weekend wherever in the world you might be.

18 comments:

Shari said...

I like the pieces laid out! I considered that too!!!
I like your plan of attack. We stitch for the love of stitching, not to stress out! I am planning a few all day finishing marathons after my garden is done & my son has gone back to college!!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW the JN piece is soooo cute.
I have never seen that one before....

OH MAN!!!!

ENABLING HAS BEEN INITIATED!!!!

HELP!!! LOL

Cheryl said...

I wish i had your problem of all those wonderful finishes!! Mine would be unfinished unfinshes

Farm Girl said...

I still think you should go for the ton Rowyn!! That JN Humbug is very sweet. In the interests of fairness I might look in my own pile and get a pic. I am pretty confident you'll win that little contest tho. LOL. I have found that by the time I finally finish larger projects, I just don't 'feel the love' for them that I did when I started. I might have to give those ones away maybe.
How many years do you think it took you to do the 86/88?

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

Hi there, I just noticed you have just joined my blog following list and I just wanted to say how lovely your blog is. Since I've found it I will be visiting more.

The just nan humbug looks so pretty, I love the colours.

By the way your niece Phoebe is gorgeous!!

Kathy A. said...

And then again - going for a century sounds like fun. It shouldn't take long.
Love your new start. JN Humbug is pretty. Love the colors.

Vinniey said...

Congratulations on your latest finished. Mr and Mrs Abbott's Daughters look pretty. Your new project is so colorful and I can't wait to see your progress on it. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Pumpkin said...

ROFL!!!! Congrats on your latest finish. Just lovely :o) Whatever color you used to replace the yellow works very well.

Ohhh, I can't wait to see this one :o)

Brigitte said...

Your finish-finishing plans sound very good.And congratulations on this next finish.

Judy S. said...

You have a lot of courage to display your UFOs! And so many look so close..... I've got them too, of all varieties. Right now I'm working on whittling down the knitting pile; then there's quilts and cross stitch... Lots in the stash as well, so you're not alone. Thanks for visiting and your sweet wishes.

Margaret said...

What a wonderful finish! So gorgeous! Love the next project too -- great colors!

StitchCat said...

Great stitching as always Rowyn...and the colours for the humbug are so bright and cheery!

MyLifesAStitch said...

First - YGG on the Abbott family finish!!! Wooohooo!!!! :) They are still my favorite of my finishes (I don't have nearly as many as you do, lol!!)... which brings me to: 88???!!! Wow. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. :)

Have a great week!

Vonna said...

Oh, how I love Mr and Mrs Abbott and children...they are gorgeous!!!!

Carol said...

Your Abbott family is lovely, Rowyn--beautiful stitching...

The little humbug will be perfect for you to stitch as NZ heads into warmer weather. We're cooling down over here, which is a welcome change. Just read a story that said my city was #11 on the hottest cities (number of days above the normal summer temps) in the U.S. this summer!!

Karoline said...

Mr & Mrs Abbott are lovely, congratulations.

I like your plan of attack especially step 1

Suzanne said...

Beautiful finish on Mr & Mrs Abbott! I love the new start, the colours are lovely.

Siobhan said...

Congrats on the finish! Good for you on your plan of attack. Remember, it's all supposed to be stress free and for you to enjoy it. I love how you made Rubie Owl into a pinkeep, too, btw!