Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wintery weekend witterings

Thought I would pop in to say hello and show you what I have been working on since the last time I posted.

First up is Mr and Mrs Abbott and Daughters by Carriage House Samplings. I started this earlier in the week while I was off work with a cold. That yellow has to come out though - although it is the recommended colour, it is far too yellow for my liking (judging by the chart picture it should be more earthen coloured). I am going to stitch the two patterns side by side.



And here is Paddy the Wanderer, my first go at needlepoint. I am sure it will look a lot better when it is finished!



The sun has just come out here, but it's still cold. I think I'll just sit here right next to the fire and do some stitching. Have a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Nice new WIPs, Rowyn--both are new to me! I agree with you on the bright yellow--good luck making the color change.

I've never done needlepoint so I'm curious to see how "Paddy" will look when all finished up. Do you enjoy it as much as cross stitching?

Stay warm down there and have a lovely weekend :)

Margaret said...

Both are just lovely! I've always loved the Mr. and Mrs. Abbott designs. I'm hoping that I will receive them from Kathy's etsy shop soon!

Farm Girl said...

Hi Rowyn, your WIP's are looking great, Paddy looks like he will be a cutie.

Kathy A. said...

Hi Rowyn - your work is so lovely. It is nice to hear from you again. I amglad you are enjoying your lovely winter evenings. We are struggling with a terrible heat wave here.
With the high humidity it is mid 30's every day. Thank goodness it rained yesterday and the humidity has broken.

Siobhan said...

Love the CHS, Rowyn! Very nice. I like your needlepoint, too. I would love to try it sometime.

MyLifesAStitch said...

Great WIPs! Good work on the Abbotts... yeah, that yellow is really yellow. I just went up to check on mine, and no it isn't nearly that bright. Sorry about the frogging you'll have to do!

Paddy looks like he'll be really cute!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely WIPs :o) That is a bright yellow isn't it. But then I find the photography they have of the model is never close to what it should really look like.

natalyK said...

Rowyn,
I agree with you. That yellow does seem a little bright in the Mrs. Abbott pattern. Your stitching is beautiful.

Karoline said...

They both look lovely.

Singular Stitches said...

Lovely stitching!!

Suzanne said...

I absolutely love this CHS design. I look forward to seeing more progress on it.

Great work with your needlepoint.

Brigitte said...

Both pieces are great new WIPs.
It's kind of refreshing to hera about people who sit beside the fire because it's cold outside. I'd like to say that as well as we are suffering from a heat wave right now.