Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some more finishes for the unfinished finishes mountain!

I may not have blogged lately, but I do have some of my stitchy mojo back!

First up is Clara's Christmas Dance by The Sampler Girl. I adore this sweet little pattern. It doesn't quite match the original pattern thanks to a visit from the frogs. However, the thought of ripping out so much to put it right would have been enough to turn my mojo back on it's heels, so I decided to carry on and work around it.



Next up is a French peacock freebie I found online. I purposely diverted from the original on this one, and left out some extra stitching on the inside of the heart which would have made it a bit too fussy for my liking.



I decided to have a go at tea and coffee dyeing a strip of fabric a month or so ago. I was hoping for a more mottled affect, but I did like the end result. So I stitched these Twilight freebies from Paulette at Plum Street Samplers.





I have two new projects on the go - Mr and Mrs Abbott's Daughters by Carriage House Samplings, and a needlework kit (I'm a needlework first timer) 'Paddy the Wanderer'. Paddy is a dog and a piece of Wellington's history. I will share the story of him when I post my finished piece (warning - your eyes may involuntarily water when you read the story!).

I've also been enhancing my stash here and there, so hopefully there'll be plenty to keep my mojo intact :-)

Carol recently mentioned she would like a Phoebe-fix. Unfortunately, this is the most recent photo I have (taken in April). Phoebe is walking well and doing some talking (she said 'Hi' when I saw her the other night, and then said 'Hello' to my other sister). She seems to like music and jiggles about to the TV or Nanna or Grandad singing. We all love her to pieces!



Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

corinna said...

sweet stitches
esp the sampler girl sampler

Karen said...

Discovered your blog tonight and love your stitching. I love the peacocks...the blue is so rich!

Kendra said...

*squee!!* As a total Twilight nerd, I about fell out of my chair when I saw your Twilight finishes...so I went and found them for my own self. Will be stitching them up soon!

Zeb said...

Where oh where did you find those peacocks!?! I MUST STITCH! So purty :)

Margaret said...

I love your finishes! They're all great! And Phoebe is adorable!

Melissa said...

Phoebe is just a little doll!

Lovely stitching. Nice to get your stitching mojo back! Mine is lost somewhere in the stratosphere!

Have a lovely weekend.

Maggie said...

I think we have both had our fair share the the frogs, nasty little creatures, lol.

Your sampler looks great though and i love your little finish :-)

Phoebe is truly beautiful, she has the most amazing eyes and skin:-)

Heres to a frog-free weekend for both of us!

Carol said...

That blue in the peacocks is just amazing, Rowyn--beautiful stitching. And what a sweet sampler--I haven't seen this one stitched up and it is darling. I can just picture young Clara writing in her diary at the end of her special evening.

Ahhhh... little Phoebe is cuter than ever! Thanks for the darling photo :)

Hope all is well in NZ!

Kathy A. said...

Oh it is nice to hear your stitching mojo is back. And with a vengeance I see. What beautiful stitching you have accomplished. I love that peacock design too and stitched it at one time.
Thanks for the Phoebe update. She is still as beautiful as ever!

Pumpkin said...

Great finishes Rowyn! Nice to see that you have your mojo back ;o)

Siobhan said...

That Phoebe is just SO adorable!! She is so sweet. So are your finishes! :) I'm so glad to hear the mojo has returned. Oh, and thanks for the picture of my husband, Edward. It's always nice to gaze upon his gorgeous face. YUM!!

Karoline said...

They're all lovely, congratulations

MyLifesAStitch said...

Yay on the return of your stitching mojo!! Everything looks wonderful! Can't wait to see your progress on Mr & Mrs Abbott... I did those two and they are my favorite finishes (not that I have a bunch of those - finishes that is!)!

Phoebe is just a little doll, isn't she???

Have a great week!

Suzanne said...

Phoebe just gets cuter everytime I see a photo.

Great finishes!

Farm Girl said...

Rowyn, your little niece is adorable. I love your Sampler Girl Christmas piece, it is stunning.
Awesome to see you're enjoying your stitching again.

Carol R said...

Seems ages since I 'visited'! The peacocks are amazing - I think I have this pattern somewhere - I'm looking for something quick to stitch and this might be it. Phoebe has grown up so much - such a pretty little girl.

Sharon said...

Pretty finishes!

Meadows08 said...

I am soooo happy I found your blog through a comment on Stitching Dreams!!!! Otherwise I don't think I'd have ever found the Twilight Freebies!!! I'm going to stitch them for my 14 yr old DD. How are you going to finish finish yours?

Michelle said...

Rowyn, glad you have found your stitching mojo again. Lovely finishes, especially the peacocks in that beautiful blue.
Phoebe has the most amazing eyes - she is lovely!