Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Happy belated Easter

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

We headed away to Napier and the Hawkes Bay for the break and had a really wonderful time (even the weather was amazing!).

While you've been out stash shopping, has your husband or partner ever had a rude comment from the shop you've been in? I went stash shopping on Saturday in Napier, and to cut a long story short my husband had been with me, gone away and come back in to find me and one of the two ladies said in a rude manner to him 'Do you think there is something hidden in here?'. In other words - what are you doing in here? They must get husbands in there all the time, and if I had known I wouldn't have bothered parting with my money. It made me very annoyed!

Anyway, here's the stash I bought - Japanese Montage by Art Stitch, Thinking in the Rain (this is a kit, I'm not sure what you'd call it exactly - embroidery?? It uses back stitch, french knots etc but no cross stitch), Ellen Chester by With My Needle and Stag's Leap by Kingsland.



On our way home yesterday we took a different route and spent about three hours travelling through some very remote countryside (even the farmers we saw waved at us as we went by, a sure sign of how remote it was). We only passed through one very small town called Poranghau. The reason we took this way home was to see the place with the longest name in the world. My nephew counted the letters for us and there are 85! Oh, and the name is in Maori in case you are trying to read it. I can pronounce some of it, but it's just knowing where to stop and take a breath. :-)



Have a great week! (I'm hoping this week is the week my stitching mojo returns!)

19 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice stash! Bummer about the rude commet from the store ladies though. Geez! I don't usually take my DH stash shopping so I wouldn't know if it would happen here or not. :D I love that place name! Wow wow!

Katrina in NZ said...

Hi Rowyn, I think I can pretty much guess which LNS you were in, such a shame.

I hope you enjoyed the countryside in my neck of the woods, (I live in Waipukurau). Have a good week.

lovestitches said...

What a rude cow!
I loved saying that place name as a kid but I tend to forget big chunks of it now, not surprisingly!

Farm Girl said...

Hi Rowyn, what a shame she was so rude - always helps to keep hubbies on side when shopping for stash, I've found. Love the place name - I wouldn't even attempt to say the whole thing! Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Carol said...

Oh, that sign is just great, Rowyn!! I'm sure it would take me forever to learn how to pronounce it...85 letters--wow!

Nice new stash--I especially love Stag's Leap! My husband has never ventured in a cross stitch shop with me--I can't imagine being treated so rudely, though!

Is your weather beginning to cool over there now that ours is warming up? Hope you had a nice Easter weekend, too, Rowyn!

Catherine said...

Lovely stash! If that had been my husband, I am sure he would have had the perfect response to quickly quiet them! It's a shame that people have to be so ignorant.

That sign is amazing!

Blu said...

Well, that was very rude!
Great stash. Thinking in the Rain looks really cute.
So is there a nickname for this place, because there's no way people who live there say that every single time!

MyLifesAStitch said...

How rude! It never ceases to amaze me just how hateful people can be. :(

Great acquisitions! Here's to your stitchy mojo making a rapid comeback!! :)

That is an amazingly long word! I'd try to pronounce it (in English-ese, of course) if I weren't so tired, lol!

Michelle said...

That remark to your husband was disgusting!

Great stash, though.

Hope your stitching mojo returns soon!

Andrea said...

How rude!
Nice stash though. :)

Brigitte said...

Great new stash, Rowyn. Particularly the stag chart. But I can understand that you would have liked to keep your money after the shop ladiied being so rude towards your husband. What a respectless behaviour.

Kath said...

Hi Rowyn, LOL, can think of onlyone place you would have been to have a comment like that! Such a shame. Glad you had a nice time in the HB though, and yes, the weather was fabulous!

Nice stash!

Suzanne said...

How rude! I guess the ladies were just jealous that you have such a great DH.

I love the stash you picked up.

Siobhan said...

Nice new stash! I'm sorry to hear about the rude shopkeeper. It amazes me when shops that have such a specialized product are rude to potential customers. Thankfully that hasn't happened to DH, but I remember shopping in places (quilt & LNSs) that would follow me around if I had my kids with me (who were trained not to touch stuff) or made rude comments about the owners of my favorite LNS. It was the last time I went into both shops, which have since closed down. A little customer service goes a long way.

That's neat about the Maori town name! I thought the Welsh town that has a long name was the longest... you learn something new every day! ;)

I hope your mojo has returned. Fingers crossed for you!

明偉誠秋 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

not very custumor friendly indeed !
it is so ( not ) funny how so many people forget to switch on their brain in the morning.
I am quite interested though what yout husband said as a responce.......

Kathy A. said...

Oh how fun - I would love to hear your pronounce that one!!
Sorry that your DH was treated so shabbily. It just cost them a customer!

Pumpkin said...

Are you serious? If I had known, I would have walked out too! One NS that I loved and is now closed used to bring out a chair for DH. He was spoiled there ;o)

Omigosh! You can actually pronounce it?

Evelyne said...

Hi, I recognized The word on the picture.I was there 8 years ago to celebrated the birthday from my husband . I'm from Holland and live in France.Have a nice day.Kind regards,Evelyne