Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

I thought I would do another post before Christmas, so I can wish all my friends and readers a very Merry Christmas. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I have been busy stitching. I have finished Just Nan's Christmas Wishes. I'm going to make this into a small cushion for next Christmas.



I have also been busy getting a WIP closer to being finished. Not long to go for my Long Dog Mystery Sampler. I know it would not be to everybody's taste, but I love all the colours in it. I started it on 20 January 2007, and it WILL be finished by 20 January 2010. It will, it will... lol





I forgot to share some nice mail I have received in recent weeks. I won the marking pins on MaryKathryn's Facebook page, and the threads are a gift from Judy. Thank you so much ladies!



It is already Christmas Eve here. My DH shut up shop yesterday, so today we took a long drive to Cape Palliser. It is one of our favourite destinations. The views are pretty...



... and the wildlife is cute and laid-back!



More photos in my Flickr album for anyone who is interested.

I will finish up this post with a picture of my niece, who is having her first Christmas tomorrow :-) She'll be in bed by the time we have the main event, but we're going to see her earlier in the day. I can't wait!



Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

17 comments:

mollycaff said...

Wonderful stitching Rowyn, and I just love the colours in your Long Dog Sampler. I can see why Cape Palliser is one of your favourite places, just beautiful! Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!

Maggie said...

Your stitching is wonderful Rowyn, the colours look fantastic.
Thanks for showing your lovely photos, it's strange for us in the UK to think how it would be to celebrate Christmas with warm weather, lol, we have snow on the groung at the moment, not a lot, but some.

Your neice is just beautiful!, have a wonderful day :-)

Cheryl said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2010!

Suzanne said...

The mystery sampler is so lovely. Thank you for sahring photos of your neice, she is just the cutest.

Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year.

Carol said...

Your Long Dog sampler has the prettiest colors ever, Rowyn. I'll love seeing the finished piece!

Oh, that little Phoebe--just can't see her darling face enough! She always makes me smile. May her first Christmas be filled with wonder...

Merry Christmas to you and your entire family, Rowyn!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful stitching there girl. Love your Christmas wishes.
Wishing you and your family and especially that little angel a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs to you
Kathy

Erica said...

Ooooh! That Long Dog sampler is just stunning!

Have a wonderful holiday!
Erica

Daffycat said...

Have a happy Christmas, Rowyn!

Kellie said...

Your Just Nan and Long Dog pieces are amazing! Beautiful work!!

Your niece is adorable! Beautiful eyes! :)

Merry Christmas!

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful finish and I love your LD sampler! It's colorful and happy :o)

Gorgeous pictures. It seems so weird to see sun and sand and no snow. LOL!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas :o)

Blu said...

Your Long Dog has such lovely colours! Good luck finishing by next months!

Have a fun and sunny Christmas!

valerie said...

Happy Christmas Roawyn...hope it's a wonderful one! Love your progress on LDS mystery sampler...the colors are very fun!

Lois said...

Have a lovely Christmas Rowyn. Your Long Dog piece is looking wonderful and you are so near to reporting it as a finish!

Brigitte said...

Oh Rowyn, such wonderful stitchy pictures. I love your WIP, it's gorgeous with all its colours. And I'm sure your will be able to finish it by the middle of January.
Have a great Christmas Day.

Lennu said...

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas! Your Long Dog WIP is looking great, the colours are beautiful!

Karoline said...

Great finish Rowyn and the Long Dog sampler is lovely.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas

Siobhan said...

Beautiful stitching, Rowyn! That Long Dog is amazing! I hope you had a very merry Christmas!