Monday, December 07, 2009

Little while, no blog...

Paula left a comment noting that I'd been rather quiet lately. Hmmm, it has been over a month since I posted to my blog so it is about time I did an update :-)

The only stitching finish I have to report is Just Nan's Blitzen Glistens, which I made into an ornament for my niece Phoebe's first Christmas. I chickened out of doing a beaded edging, but found a little hanger in my stash for it.



I thought I would share this Christmas card from my sister too (using Phoebe's photo). I thought it was very cute, and a neat idea.



In other news I joined the gym (and am really enjoying it) and we are no longer searching for a section to build on, because we found a house we love and are moving in on 15 January. We managed to sell our house within 4 days of it being on the market, and it was all tied up within 8 days. I think it was just meant to be!

That's all for now, off to find something to stitch on!

18 comments:

Vonna said...

Yay to a new house and it all working out smoothly :)
And look at your darling neice! What a cute photo!
Love that glitzen Blitzen too ;)

Love to Stitch said...

How sweet the Christmas card is! Great little finish, that reindeer is terrific. Looks like you have a head start on your 'New Year's' resolutions, new gym, new house! It is meant to be if your house sold in the blink of an eye!! Outstanding!! Hope you enjoy your last Christmas in this house :)

Bronny said...

Great cars - lovely stitching and congratulations on selling your house so quickly!
Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Beautiful ornament, beautiful niece, beautiful new home--what more could you ask for, Rowyn?! Wishing you much happiness in your new place :)

Hazel said...

Nice to see you posting. Great ornie and card and well done on your smooth house sale. Hope all goes well. x

Kathy A. said...

That is the sweetest little ornament.
Phoebe = the little angel = she is just too cute.
Glad to hear you found the perfect house. Now the fun starts - moving can be such a pain.
Take care hon.

Catherine said...

Cute finish - adorable picture of your niece and a new house to boot! Congrats! Good luck with your move.

Pumpkin said...

That is SO adorable! What a cute idea with the card and I love that ornie. The hanger is just perfect :o)

Sold you house? WOW! Congrats :o)

TammyK said...

Adorable baby & ornament :o)

Paula said...

Yay! *waving madly* So good to hear how things have worked out!

Suzanne said...

Great news about finding a house! The photo of your neice is adoreable, she is such a cute little girl. I love how you finished the ornament, it's a nice touch.

Siobhan said...

Oh my GOSH your niece is adorable!! I just love that picture! :) The ornament is pretty sweet, too. :)

I'm so psyched for you at how everything worked out with the house stuff. Congratulations!

StitchCat said...

Yay for the house selling Rowyn. The ornament looks great and what a very cute photo of your neice.

corinna said...

both your reindeer are dear
:0)

lovestitches said...

I could just eat Phoebe up! Adorable! What a gorgeous ornament too.
Dave's mother's house has taken a lifetime to tie up the ends so I am envious of your smooth sale! Good luck with moving.

The Scarlett House said...

That Phoebe is the cutest little reindeer I've ever seen! She is as cute as a button.

Wendy said...

wauw, Blitzen Glistens is beautiful !!

I am stitching Gracious Era on grey-blue fabric, becourse I don't like Aida either .
I'm not sure if it is the same color as the fabric in the kit, since I started stitching before I ( had to ) bought the kit.
Also I am using DMC, not the Dimensions floss.

Ieva said...

Phantastic baby and nice stitching :)