Monday, December 28, 2009

It's a mystery no more!

Hooray, I finally finished my Long Dog Mystery Sampler. It was nearly three years in the making!! I started on 20 January 2007, and finished it nearing midnight on 27 December 2009. Spurred on in determination by cheeky comments from my DH about when it might eventually get finished!



I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Ours started off a little differently than other years with a trip to Te Papa to see the 'A Day in Pompeii' exhibition. I highly recommend it if you live locally (or are visiting Wellington between now and April). We mostly had the exhibition to ourselves (which was the plan by going on Christmas Day), so it was great to look around at our leisure.

Then it was lunch and dinner at my sister's house. Phoebe got lots of lovely pressies and stayed up late (she obviously didn't want to miss the party!). Here's my favourite photo from Christmas Day of Phoebe getting a Christmas kiss from Grandma(my Mum).



Ronnie is back to work tomorrow for a couple of days before New Year, but I don't go back until next Tuesday. I plan on doing some more stitching, hitting the gym, watching some movies and packing some more boxes in preparation for the house move on the 15th.

Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

23 comments:

Kellie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on your fabulous finish! :)

Blu said...

Awwwww~ That photo is lovely! Phoebe is so adorable!

Congrats on finishing the Long Dog!

Melissa said...

Wow, what a finish! I can just imagine all that stitching took awhile! Congrats!

Phoebe is dorable. She has so much hair now, such a pretty thing!

Lee said...

well done! what a lot of work in your sampler

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Definitely worth all the hard work and time. It's stunning! Phoebe is so cute!

Lennu said...

What a cute photo of Phoebe and your mum!

Congratulations, your Long Dog is stunning! I just love those colours, I think in Long Dog samplers they are always gorgeous :) Great job!

mollycaff said...

Congratulations on your finish, it's beautiful. What a cute pic of your niece!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your finish Rowyn - its beautiful! Will you get it framed?
Love that picture of Phoebe and your mum.
Wishing you a Happy New Year! x

Lois said...

What a beautiful finish and congratulations on completing it Rowyn! What a sweet picture of Phoebe and your mum! Sounds like you'd a lovely Christmas and no work until next week will be very enjoyable!

stitcheranon said...

Wow..am amazing finish. You must be very pleased with it. Phoebe is soooo cute. I bet she had a wonderful day.

Lee said...

Great finish! And oh-my-goodness that is one kissable looking little girl!

Carol said...

It is a true work of art, Rowyn! Congratulations...the best things in life are worth waiting for!

Thanks for the Phoebe fix--what a doll--nice photo of your mom, too!

Good luck with your move next month--hope all goes smoothly.
Happy New Year!!

Kathryn in NZ said...

It's finished - yay for you!!!

Phoebe's eyes are sooo blue, gorgeous.

Theresa said...

Happy Dance!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! This is such an achievement!!!
Phoebe is soooo cute!!!!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Rowyn, your sampler is gorgeous

Sharon said...

Gorgeous finish! Congrats!

Pumpkin said...

Just stunning Rowyn!!!! Love it! Congrats :o)

What an adorable picture. I'm glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Enjoy your week off :o)

Kath said...

Great finiah Rowan.

Your wee neiceis totally gorgeous.

Von said...

Woohoo! What an exciting finish!

Little Phoebe is such a sweet pea. :)

StitchCat said...

That design is great...very colourful. Its a great achievement to get it finished :)
Margaret

Brigitte said...

Oh Rowyn what a beautiful finish. I knew that you would make it before the end of the year. Congratulations!
Nice to hear that you had a wondeeful Christmas with your family.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on finishing your mystery sampler, it looks great! Leaves the way open for a new start for the new year, lol!

Phoebe is so cute and my daughter saw the picture and said that she wants that baby at our home, she's very cute.

Hope you have a great new year!

Paula said...

congrats on the sampler - it looks gorgeous. And I love the Christmas Wishes one too - I think I will add that to my wish list. Happy New Year!