Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

There are only a few hours left of 2009 here in New Zealand, so I thought I would pop in and wish everyone all the best for 2010. I hope whatever you are doing that you enjoy it! DH and I went out for an Indian meal, and that is the height of our New Year celebrations.

Today I noticed a parcel sitting at our front door. I didn't want to get excited as I thought it might be for DH. But I picked it up and saw it was for me (yay!!) from Kathy. Thank you so much Kathy!

Kathy included a Canadian oven glove, Christmas pencils and erasers, some Christmas fabric and a beautiful zippered pouch which she made herself.



How funny that I was just recently thinking that once we move house I need to gather together all my scissors, needles, needleminder etc in one place so I can find them more easily - and now I have a zippered bag to do just that!

Of course, while I loved everything Kathy sent the most lovely thing was the thought behind it. Thanks Kathy, for ending my year on a high! :-)

This year has been full of highs - getting married in February, catching up with relatives at the wedding (some from overseas), my niece being born in April, lots of awesome day trips to beautiful places nearby, a break in relaxing Fiji, making friends through blogging and Flickr, catching up with old friends via Facebook, attending Ronnie's cousins wedding in October, catching up with our estranged niece and nephews at the wedding, adopting Petal (our disfigured, but beautiful cat), catching up with friends from Northern Ireland while they were out in May, seeing shows - Ed Byrne (comedian) and the Rhythms of Ireland, joining the gym and finding out I really enjoy it, buying the house we are moving to in two weeks time... and finishing my Long Dog Mystery Sampler (of course!). LOL. Sometimes it is easy to forget the good stuff until you start listing it!

Anyway, enough babbling. This is what I am starting tonight as my new project for 2010 (it's a Moira Blackburn sampler). If it takes as long as Long Dog, you can expect to see a happy dance in 2013!



Before I finish up, I thought I would let you all know that I really enjoyed seeing 'New Moon' at the movies last night. The same can't be said for Ronnie. After about half an hour or so he adopted his bored pose, looked at his watch and huffed and puffed a lot. My sister and I were quite excitable, have both moved to Team Jacob and are already talking about going to see Eclipse when it reaches New Zealand.

Thanks for all your comments recently, and Happy New Year 2010!

21 comments:

Maggie said...

Rowyn, happy new year to you too! hope it's a good one :-)

It always seems so strange to me that you are almost a day in front of us here in the UK!! An indian seems a great way to let in the new year, we have done that also in the past, can't be doing with the pub scene! This year we will be staying in and i'm doing nibbles for us to pick at.

mollycaff said...

Happy New Year!! I love your choice of project for 2010, looks like it should keep you busy for the entire year!

stitcheranon said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Rowyn! Your new project is incredible--can't wait to watch your progress :)

Blu said...

Happy New Year!

Kellie said...

happy New Year! I love the sampler that you are starting for 2010. Gorgeous!

Kathy A. said...

You are welcome my friend. I think of you and NZ everytime I use my kitchen towels and now you have a little Canada in your kitchen and in your stitching bag.
Wow, that is some project for next year. I will look forward to your progress.
Happy New Year to you and Ronnie and all the best for 2010.

Lois said...

Happy New Year Rowyn! What a lovely surprise to receive as 2009 ended. I love your new project for 2010. I'm still trying to decide what to start as my first project of 2010. It sounds as though you've had a wonderful year and I'm wishing 2010 is as good a one for you and yours.

Von said...

What an excellent year it's been for you, Rowyn! May 2010 bring you even more joy. :)

Lee said...

Best wishes for 2010, may you have another exciting year with your moving house and new projects to stitch. I am sure this one wont take as long... look forward to seeing the progress

Pumpkin said...

What a treat to find at your door :o)

I love your new start for the new year. Hopefully it won't take that long. LOL!

Have a safe and Happy New Year Rowyn!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely gift from Kathy. I love the new piece you are going to start and look forward to seeing your progress.

Happy new year!

Siobhan said...

It sounds like you live a similarly exciting life to mine... our New Year's Eve highlight was a meal at the Thai restaurant. LOL ;) Love the new project! I will enjoy watching your progress.

LOL about Ronnie with New Moon. That's my husband's response, but I think part of it is because I am usually swooning over Edward. ;)

Happy New Year!

Karoline said...

Happy New Year Rowyn

coonieandplume said...

Happy New Year!

Hillery said...

Hello Rowyn, thank you for visiting my blog. I think you designs are wonderful. I have had the long dog sampler all kitted up for almost a year and have not had the time to start it. Seeing yours is an inspiration, but 3 years...well, most of my other projects have taken that long.
Happy Stitching,
Hillery
North Country Samplings

Paula said...

happy new year! LOL at your comments on mine. I finish things occaisionally!
I have some samplers I found in old stitching mags that I have put aside for you - flick me an email at paulainauckland@gmail.com!

Lisa M said...

Happy New Year to you too! I love the new sampler you are going to start. I saw New Moon with a friend just before Christmas. I'm not on Team Jacob... yet! Bring on Eclipse!

StitchCat said...

Happy New Year Rowyn. I love the new sampler you are going to start on. All the very best for 2010 :)

Margaret said...

Oh my! I love your new project for 2010! And your niece is soooooo adorable! I just love her cute little self! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the Long Dog finish as well. I like your stitching taste!

Brigitte said...

It seems you had a wonderful year 2009. Stitching wise and personally.
I love your new project, I'm also stitching on a Moira Blackburn sampler at the moment, Three Things, and it's a lot of fun.
Wishing you and your family all the best for the new year, may it be as good as the old one. And good luck with moving house.