Sunday, October 18, 2009

Progress halted

A big thank you to Gayle for coming to the rescue with my thread request. Progress has come to a halt now as I'm all out of thread.

If anyone else has this chart in their stash waiting to be stitched, I think it well underestimates the amount of thread needed. It was supposed to take 12 yards on 32 count, but I have already been through 20 yards. Make sure you have plenty of extra thread before you start, especially if your thread is not easy to lay your hands on.



Happy stitching!

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

I've always loved this piece and will also stitch it one day. Thanks for pointing to the extra amount of thread.

Pumpkin said...

This is beautiful Rowyn! I wish designers would be more accurate with their supply list. I always worry about the same thing.

Carol said...

So glad you were able to find the matching thread, Rowyn! The saying in that piece is one of my favorites--can't wait to see your finish :)

helenapastafina said...

well i sent you 2 skeins so that should be enough to finish it! I's beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished pic! Happy stitching!
~~~Gayle~~~

Cindy F. said...

Very pretty! I hope you will have enough with Gayle's extra 2 skeins to finish:)

Suzanne said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous colour. I just hate it when there isn't enough thread to complete the stitching. I usually find that waiting for more thread causes me to start too many other projects.