Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stickability

I am so loving stitching this, as you can probably tell by the progress!



We love getting out and about, and most Sundays we usually take a day trip somewhere. Last Sunday we drove out to Castlepoint, which is a very remote township about two hours north of where I live. It was a gorgeous spring day, and the walk up to the lighthouse and beyond rewarded us with these amazing views!

On the way back we stopped at our favourite Wairarapa haunt 'The Big Apple' a fruit and vege stall. Not for fruit and vegies though, for real fruit ice cream. YUM!!!

As my beloved Great Aunt says 'it's not a bad life, is it?' :-)



14 comments:

valerie said...

Great progress on Live Simply! The photos from your weekend trip are amazing. Looks like a wonderful vacation spot!

mollycaff said...

Not bad indeed! What an amazing place to visit. Beautiful stitching too!

Daniela said...

Oh I so want to move to New Zealand. I really do. Very beautiful pictures and beautiful stitching.

Hazel said...

Gorgeous stitching. I just love that colour!! Yes a beautiful place! Wish I was there. xx

Vonna said...

BEAUTIFUL stitching :)
And what gorgeous pictures of a lovely Spring Day!

Carol said...

Spring in New Zealand--it sounds (and looks!) just lovely! And your stitching is lovely, too :)

Kathy A. said...

Love Simply is going well. I love the red.
Your spring pictures are wonderful.

Brigitte said...

Oh Rowyn, I can easily understand why you love to stitch on this project.
Wonderful pictures of your surroundings. I'd like to fly there right away and spend a coupel of weeks there. I'm sure that would do me good, but my employer wouldn't like it, lol.

Theresa said...

Wow!! Love your stitchings!!!! It is beautiful already!!!!!
Those photos are amazing!!!! Looks like a perfect day to hang out by the sea~~

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! So lovely Rowyn. I can see why you love stitching it.

Stunning views!

Carol R said...

Live Simply looks amazing Rowyn!

Siobhan said...

Ooh, I love your Live Simply!

Incredible scenery pictures--what an amazing day!

Lennu said...

Beautiful photos, what a great place to visit! I have a soft spot for lighthouses, there's something special in them.

Your stitching process looks great, this is a wonderful design.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiufl piece you're working on. You've got some fantastic scenery just a hop skip and a jump from your house!