Thursday, July 09, 2009

Wiggy progress

I have been working away on Mary Wigham, and have some progress to share. After taking this photo I have come to the conclusion I need a prettier pair of scissors to include in future photos - Quaker medallions and Cheetah print just do not go together! :-)



In answer to Bronny's question - I'm stitching over two on 32 count. I am not game enough to stitch such a large project over one :-)

I particpated in the Christmas in July exchange, and here is what I received from Joke. A lovely ornament, some Christmas fabric and some metallic thread. Thank you Joke!



My partner (Ina - no blog) has also received her parcel. Here is what I sent her. The Koala ornament was from Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading magazine.



Yay, it's nearly Friday again!

20 comments:

karenv said...

Lovely progress on Mary, Rowyn!

Artystitches said...

Lovely progress, i have been collecting the charts for this.

Kathy A. said...

Great progress on MW there girl.
Your exchanges are lovely. That little Koala bear is just soooo cute.

valerie said...

Lovely progress on your MW! Just love the colors it's charted for.

Great ornament exchanges too! The koala with christmas hat is so cute!

Pumpkin said...

Your MW looks brilliant! Are you going with the recommended colors?

LOVE the koala ornament!!!! He is just too cute :o)

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness i cant get over how much progress you have made Rowyn! You must stitch fast!
Great exchange gifts both given and received

Suzanne said...

Great progress on Mary Wigham. I love the exchanges.

Theresa said...

Your MW is looking very lovely!!!!!!
And the ornaments in both exchanges are sooooo cute!!!!

mollycaff said...

I love the look of your Mary Wigham, the colours are perfect! I have the same Cheetah scissors, one of my favourite pairs!

Beatrice said...

You have made great progress on Wiggy.
I love the colours.
The exchanges are lovely,both sweet ornies!

shakatak66 said...

Great progress on MW - it's coming along beautifully already :D

Daniela said...

Lovely progress on your Mary Wigham!

The Scarlett House said...

Yes, Rowyn, those scissors are a bit on the wild side. I agree that they might be too much for Mary. Nice progress though. I think I'm the only one in the world not stitching this one, so I enjoy seeing everyone's interpretation.

Carol R said...

Great progress on Mary!

Maren said...

Woo hoo! You've almost got that first full page done! Lovely, lovely progress. And I don't mind the cheetah print scissors. lol

StitchCat said...

Your Wiggy is looking great, I love the colours you have chosen. Im glad you are leaving out the white colour...I have seen a few with the white design included and it looks a bit stark to me.

Siobhan said...

Fabulous progress on Mary, Rowyn! LOL about the cheetah scissors. I feel the same, I need to enhance my scissor collection now that I'm blogging!

Brigitte said...

Very nice MW progress. And a lovely exchange.

Kit said...

Mary is coming along beautifully and your Christmas exchanges are too cute!

StitchCat said...

Hey Rowyn...Check out my blog, I have something for you :)