Monday, June 01, 2009

Itty bitty...

Here is Mrs Darcy stitched up. I know how I want to finish her (a tuck pillow idea), but I need to find some instructions online and get my sewing machine out!



And here is Frost on the Pumpkins by Just Nan. I didn't like the flopsy linen - it made the stitches different sizes and they didn't lie nicely at all. I need to fix those eyes before I iron it and attach the beads. What I did love about this design was the amazing colours (the photo doesn't do them justice) they are really vibrant.



We had snow here yesterday. That happens only very, very occasionally. Even Wellington (near the sea) had a snow flurry - the first in 14 years.

We decided to heck with the horrible weather and went to the zoo (with the nephew and my sister). While we were there we had sunshine, rain, hail and even some of that snow Wellington hadn't seen in 14 years. The animals still come out in bad weather, so we saw most of them. :-) At one stage we huddled near some kangaroos under a tree while we all avoided the hail. It was a fun and memorable day!



Today is a public holiday, so I am going to do some more stitching and tidy up my basket of threads. I bought some new bobbin boxes so need to get them all back into order to make them easy to find. That should be fun! lol

Have a great week!

P.S. Hi Tanya - yes, I am 100% Kiwi. My Dad was born in England though, so I have a British passport too.

9 comments:

Zeb said...

I feel like such a wimp, its cold here in Auckland I think; don't want to even imagine what its like down there!!! Although I am sure my sis and her hubby are loving it ;)

I love JN's designs because of the colour, looking forward to seeing that completed!

Also not a fan of some of the linen out there... if I can't get it to stretch on my hoop or Q-snaps without becoming dis-figured, I don't wanna stitch on it!

Theresa said...

Mrs. Darcy is looking fabulous!!!! Can't wait to see it all stitched up~~

I also had troubles with some fabrics as well.... It is very annoying when something like that happens....

Tammy said...

Mrs. Darcy looks great. I don't like linen either. Wo!, snow in May... would send you some warm sunshine if I could.

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on some great finishes Rowyn! Tuck pillows are very easy to make :o)

Sounds like a great time at the zoo despite the colder weather.

Siobhan said...

Lovely stitching! I'm glad you had a good time, despite the weather. It sounds like Irish weather, with the hail!

Brigitte said...

You were doing some great stitching lately. Mrs. Darcy looks wonderful and so does little Frosty.
I also prefer stitching on Zweigart linen no matter what stitch count. For me they are the smoothest and I also like the densely woven texture.

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Rowyn, it's very hard for me to even imagine cold weather anywhere. It's June, it's Arizona, and it's triple digits. I think I would gladly change places with you. Thanks for answering my question. I'd say you have the best of both worlds.

Cindy F. said...

Love Mrs. Darcy and Frost is too cute! Snow? I'm so glad it's Spring here! Glad you had fun at the zoo!

Tanya said...

Mrs. Darcy looks grand!

Tanya :)