Friday, June 05, 2009

Comfort House

As mentioned in my last post, I had another small design in the pipeline.

When I ordered Mrs Darcy I was sent this sweet freebie chart. It is called Comfort House by The Sampler Girl. It was a quick, fun stitch.



If anyone is interested in this chart, please leave a comment on this post - and if there is more than one person interested I will pick a name at random. Just the usual giveaway spiel :-)

I have ordered my fabric for Mary Wigham (32 count Belfast in Antique Ivory) from the Silver Needle. I was a litle ticked off with a short, unhelpful response to my query from a Kiwi ONS that I decided I'd shop internationally.

It was a blessing in disguise really, as something else fell into my cart while I was ordering the fabric (the Kelmscott Pink Lady needleminder which I have had my eye on for ages). I am sure you all know how that goes!

I got to cuddle with my niece this afternoon. She was the most alert I have seen her yet. She was lying on her playmat kicking her legs and making the cutest noises. She is 7 weeks old already... time flies!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is so cute!

Tammy said...

Comfort House is adorable :o)

Zeb said...

Comfort House is adorable, I'll put my hand up for it :)
Also where did you order Mrs Darcy from? Been reading the book 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' and it's bringing back some good memories :)

As for local shops, yeah, not always impressed by the selection we have here... and the Silver Needle sends some really cute freebies!

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely design as are all The Sampler Girl's designs. I would love to stitch this one please.

Theresa said...

This is sooo cute~~ I would love to stitch this one up~~

The Mary Wigham sampler is such a wonderful piece!! I'm still debating on what fabric and thread to use.... Can't wait to see your choice!!!

Brigitte said...

What a nice little finish. I love Tanya's literary charts. Well, I love all her charts, lol.
I also plan on stitching Mary Wigham. What a great SAL!

Siobhan said...

Super cute!! I'll be eager to see your progress on Mary Wigham. I'm still waffling about stitching it.

Cheryl said...

Something fell into your cart LOL
Im excited you're going to stitch Mary Wigham too! I need to get linen - cant wait to start!
Like your finish!

mollycaff said...

What a cute finish. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the cart falling problem LOL

Kit said...

I love freebies, they help me forget how much money I spend on stitching! Wonderful finish.

Maren S said...

I love the sentiment of Comfort House. And yes, everyone here lives for the weekends, too. The only problem is, they just aren't long enough! :)

Pumpkin said...

Lovely finish Rowyn!

I don't blame you for shopping elsewhere if you weren't getting help from the other place. It's a shame but good customer service is hard to find lately :o(

Tanya said...

Comfort House looks great - you're a fast one!

Tanya :)