Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sunshine and Petals

I have made some progress on 'You are my sunshine'. I am enjoying this piece and will hopefully get it finished within the next couple of days.



Last night I adopted Petal. I have been visiting her at animal rescue for quite a few weeks now (we didn't want to bring her home until our cats had settled after the house move).

She has had a rough start in life (you can probably tell from looking at the photo that she is disfigured - and she was not born like that), but from now on she's going to be very pampered!



I am off work now until next Wednesday, so I plan on spending this afternoon stitching and keeping warm (the hills have a slight dusting of snow this morning... winter is definitely here). We have quite a lot on over the Easter break, including the arrival of my sister's baby on Tuesday at 1pm (it's a scheduled c-section).

Happy Easter everyone and enjoy the break!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Your 'sunshine' is looking lovely, Rowyn. How nice you can give Petal a good hope. She looks like she's ready to tell a few jokes!

Have a wonderful long Easter weekend. How exciting to be welcoming a baby into the family!

Kathy A. said...

Your sunshine piece is coming along really well girl.
Petal has an Elvis look - those gorgeous eyes and the sneer. How sweet of you to give her a new home.

Congrats Auntie on the new baby. Enjoy.
Wish you a very lovely Easter!

Daffycat said...

Thank you for adopting a shelter kitty! WTG!

Petal is adorable and she deserves the best of homes ~ yours! I love the white tuft on her chest!

Suzanne said...

Great progress on your sunshine piece. What a cute Kitty. Poor thing, what a terrible life she must have lived.

Have a happy Easter and I hope all goes well with your sister.

Rachel said...

I like the sunshine piece, got me singing :o)

Petal looks very sweet.

Daniela said...

Your Sunshine looks lovely. Your making great progress.
Very nice of you giving Petal now a new, good home.

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Rowyn, my Mom made me sing that song to any one who would listen when I was little. Eegads!
That is wonderful that you are opening your home and heart to this kitty.

Erica said...

That is wonderful news about Petal!
She looks like my Gracie who ran out into the street right into a car!
She is doing fine now though!

Pumpkin said...

You're doing a fabulous job on your La-D-Da project!

Petals is adorable! Poor thing :o( Why do people have to be so cruel? I'm happy to hear she'll have a loving home now.

Have a Happy Easter weekend!!!!

coonieandplume said...

Petal is adorable, she's lucky to have a wonderful new home now :)

Cheryl said...

Petal is cute! Bet she loves her new home.
Your stitching looks great.
Look forward to hearing news about the new baby :)

Barbeeque4 said...

Sunshine is looking great!!! I just love your new Petal - such piercing eyes....

I love the floss colour choice of your RR and it was a real pleasure to get it stitched up, finished and in the mail. As you said this RR has been going along for the longest time!! Have a great weekend!

Paula said...

Woo-hoo on adopting Petal and for your sister's birth - hope all goes well with both.
Now off to sing and annoy my family!

Redwitch said...

Love that sunshine song, it reminds me of Morecombe and Wise, cute design too :)

Awww poor kitty, she's had a rough time, so nice that you can give her a loving home from now on.

Hazel said...

Love your sunshine piece and your new kitty too. What a sweetie! Black cats are very lovely you know - very affectionate. x