Friday, February 13, 2009

A new start

One that doesn't involve a winter theme (that some of you have picked up on... lol). It is Their Song by Blackbird Designs.



This week has been so sad with what has been happening in Australia. As well as the devastation to lives and homes, there is also the wildlife that has suffered.

So in honour of the amazing wildlife Australia has, I thought I would put together a mosaic of some of my Aussie wildlife photos.



Better still, in Australia you can actually get hands on with some of the wildlife!







If you want to help in some way the Red Cross, Salvation Army and Wildlife Victoria are collecting donations.

Also, the lovely Karen from The Stitching Post is collecting donations of fat quarters and skeins of DMC to help the crafters who have lost everything.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Kit said...

Our thoughts are with those in Australia, I'm going to the Salvation Army web site now.

Erica said...

I love that pattern! I have had my eye on it too, but sadly it will have to wait for a while.
I just have way too much WIPs now!

Wendy said...

Nice new start!

Great pics of the animals!!

Daniela said...

Lovely pattern and a beautiful start of yours.

Theresa said...

Love this new start!!! This chart is beautiful~

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful piece you are starting on. I have been contemplating starting this one as well.

Eleanor said...

Yes, I have been thinking the victims of those terrible fires all week. Also the wildlife that is destroyed. Here we also have bushfires in summer (not anything like what has happened in Australia.) This afternoon (I am sending this on Valentine's Day)I am going to see the movie: Australia. So happy Valentine's day to you over there in NZ and happy knitting on that green scarf!

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Rowyn, thanks for sharing those amazing photos. It breaks my heart when animals suffer.
That chart is in my stash, too.