Saturday, February 07, 2009

Late summer knitting...

What do you do when the temperatures are in the 30 degrees Celsius range? Why start knitting a scarf of course...

I didn't feel like stitching on Thursday night (I had a visit from the frogs), so I picked up my knitting which I started in 2006 - and the frogs visited that too.

I have had this green wool stashed away for six months or more - so I figured it was a good excuse to start something new...



This wool feels so soft and thick(and is a nicer green than the photo lets on too). I can't wait to finish it and for some cold weather to come so I can wear it. There are rumours that tomorrow may go as high as 40 degrees Celsius in Masterton (over the hill from us), so it's gonna be a hot one here too (not scarf-wearing weather at all... lol).

I am not really a knitter - so if anyone knows of any good knitting websites, I would be very interested in improving my skills and knowledge (thanks in advance).

Depending on what hemisphere you are in, I hope you are staying warm/cool and are having a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

Ally said...

What about Ravelry? It is http://www.ravelry.com, and I think it has everything you would want to know about knitting, also forums where you can ask anything of knitters all around the world. Thousands of free patterns as well.

Wendy said...

Great start! And the wool seems to be very soft! I'm looking forward to see the progress of your scarf!

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Rowyn, that does look soft and yummy. I love that fuzzy type yarn. Knitting is one craft that I've never tried. Good luck with it.

StitchCat said...

Love the green Rowyn. Wow you are keen knitting in summer. Just the thought of handling wool at this time of year breaks me out in hot flushes and sweats :)

kiwiflowa said...

Great start!

Ravelry is really good. At the time I signed up there was a waiting list so it took three weeks to get signed up but when I did it was worth the wait.

I can't imagine knitting at the moment it's too hot!!

Cindy F. said...

I crochet, but don't know how to knit...Wish I did:)
I love the soft, fuzzy green yarn!

Carol R said...

Lovely fuzzy green yarn!

Please send me some of that heat/sunshine - I need it badly!

Von said...

Your green yarn looks wonderfully warm and cozy - perfect for those of us in the N. Hemis, but seems an odd choice for you in the midst of a heat wave, lol! Your wedding day is drawing near, perhaps the excitement is getting to you. :D