Saturday, January 24, 2009

Woodland Santa

I was going through my stash and magazines and nothing was calling to me for January, for the 2009 Christmas Challenge. So I went into my.... brace yourselves people... WIP/UFO basket for the second time this year, and pulled out Woodland Santa by The Prairie Schooler.



He is being stitched on 32 count Hokey Pokey Lugana by CountryStitch. I do wonder if the fabric count is labelled incorrectly though, as I had to stitch it in one strand because two was far too thick.

I don't know if I will finish it before the end of January, things are busy right now with the wedding just four weeks away, our house on the market, the breathless cat (who I can't find to give her, her tablet) and life in general. I'll give it my best shot though. I have some nice fabric that I was sent in an exchange which I think I will use to finish this into a small cushion (now that my sewing machine is a little less scarey to me, lol).

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Ginnie said...

This looks a lovely piece of stitching, hope you get time to stitch some of it. Can't believe the wedding is so close now.....

Barbeeque4 said...

I love thethe WS Booklet - it looks great!!

mainely stitching said...

It looks gorgeous so far! :D

karenv said...

It's looking great, nice progress.

Cindy F. said...

Great piece!! Beautiful progress too!

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely piece. Wow, delving into the UFO basket twice already. Now that's a very good start to the year.

Wendy said...

Ooooh I love the woodland Santa, I'm looking forward to see the progress of it.

Maren said...

Lovely bit of stitching. I can't wait to see it finished!

Sharon said...

He is lovely!

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Rowyn, you can never go wrong with a Prairie Schooler design. You sure have a lot on your plate right now. Best of luck with it all.

Barb said...

It looks great so far.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Wow, I really like this Woodland
Santa design. It's really cool
with the horse drawn sledge. Don't
think I've ever seen this one
before.

Where on earth do fabric/thread dyers get their names for their linens and threads?? Hokey Pokey Lugana?? Just what colour is a hokey pokey suppose to be
anyways???

I share your additions for X-stitch
and for kitty cats and for England.
Been there four times, including
on my honeymoon 18 years ago. And
that was the last time we were
there. I want to see Scotland,
Ireland and Wales too.

I've had friends with cats who
have asthma. Or else they're
just plain allergic to themselves.
Our Phoebe wheezes sometimes,
usually when she's snoozing. Hope
the medication gives Tess some
relief and eases her breathing.
Poor girl.

I just love the colours in your
Damask Roses piece. The lady's
robe is a lovely shade of blue.
You're really making great
progress on this one. Good for
you.

And thank you for the blog award.
You're very sweet to think of me
and my long winded posts. I must remember to mention it on my next post.

I imagine things around your place
are about to go into hyper drive
as the wedding date draws nearer.
Hope things run smoothly for you
during the final, crucial weeks.
Just remember, it'll all be worth
it in the end.... and keep
smiling.

Cheers!