Sunday, January 04, 2009

A stitcher's dream

I walked into a stitcher's dream today. I went to visit my parents, and we were chatting away when my Mum says "Did your sister tell you about the cross stitch stuff? There are three bags full of it, and you can have your pick".

Say what??!!

And it wasn't three bags of rubbish either, there were some top notch kits and charts in the bags.

I chose four kits - a Moira Blackburn sampler, Mirabilia's Rose of Sharon, a native American Indian kit and a wolf design which OH liked.



I especially like the Moira Blackburn sampler, so here's a closeup photo.



I believe the lady is someone my sister knows who is getting married, and was having a clear out. Wow, a big thank you to whoever she is - it was so much fun looking through and choosing what I would like! (And not having to wake up from the dream... lol).

The winner of the Autumn Splendor chart is Tanya of The Scarlett House. If you would like to email me your address I'll get it into the post for you soon (I should have it finished tonight).



Hope you are all having a great weekend, and for those who are back at work tomorrow... I can commiserate. :-)

18 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, lucky you with the kits. Very nice stash!

Suzanne said...

Wow, now that really is a dream come true! You are very lucky.

I must say, I like the Moira Blacburn sampler as well.

karenv said...

Lucky you! You got some lovely kits there.

loulee1 said...

Wow, what a bonus.

Bronny said...

WOW! That's like winning the lottery - I bet you're walking on air and planning just when to start stitching all of those wonderful charts...

Redwitch said...

Wow! That's a great start to the year :)

Kathy A. said...

well now, that's quite the haul. Lucky you. Wanna join a Mirabilia SAL?

Vonna said...

As my children would say: You hit the Motherlode! :)

Daniela said...

Wow! What a catch. you got some beautiful kits there.

Rachel said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise :o)

Cindy F. said...

Now that's something that doesn't happen every day!! Wow! How exciting...all of your choices are great ones!!

Congrats to Tanya!!

Sharon said...

You lucky duck! Great kits.

Beatrice said...

Such lovely charts...that was a nice treat.
They are beautiful.
Hmmmmm Like Kathy says want to join the Mira SAL?

Cheryl said...

That is a stitchers dream!! Lovely charts, really like that moira blackburn one too.
Glad you are joining the mirabilia sal!

The Scarlett house said...

Hi Rowyn, how lucky am I? I'm excited to have won your giveaway. Thanks so much, I'll be looking forward to it.
As for the stash haul, good for for you! Don't you just love it when these unexpected things happen? Moira Blackburn is one of my favorite designers. Stitch that one soon, so I can see your progress, okay?

Paula said...

wow, lucky girl! I have a very similar wolf one and will try to take a picture and post it on my blog tonight. Let me know if you would want the graph. All the best!

Sonda in OR said...

Wow! That's such a lovely surprise for you!

Wendy said...

lucky you !
wish I had a ( real ) dream like that !