Monday, December 01, 2008

Yay, my RR is home again...

A big thank you to all the ladies who stitched on my RR, it's fabulous. I really appreciate the time you all took to stitch on it.



I shamelessly stole the photo from Debby's blog. I hope she doesn't mind.

We had a small wedding crisis on Friday. OH popped in to our reception venue to pay some more money towards it, and was told that their landlord is not renewing their lease. Meaning - NO RECEPTION!!! Say what!!??

I did some searching around and within a couple of hours had the ball rolling, and by Saturday afternoon we had a much nicer venue booked. Funnily enough, the place we'll now be having our reception has played a big part in family celebrations for many years (since my childhood)... so it's quite fitting that it will now be our reception venue. Funny how things work out sometimes :-)

Hope you are all having a good start to the week.

14 comments:

Dianne said...

Very pretty! I'm glad that you found a new site...that could have been a nightmare! YIKES!

Karoline said...

Your RR is gorgeous, congratulations to everyone involved

Autumn said...

Your RR looks great!

Daniela said...

Your Round Robin looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad everything you found a new place for your wedding.

Sharon said...

It is so gorgeous!

Carol R said...

A beautiful RR!
Glad you sorted out your reception venue - I hope the first place refunded your depost?

Carol said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Cindy F. said...

Love your RR! Congrats! How great is that!!
Also glad to hear you worked out your reception problem to an even better place:)

Beatrice said...

Whew I'm glad that you found a wonderful venue for the reception!
The RR is BEAUTIFUL.Congrats on that!

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, how stressful, im so glad you got a new venue though!
RR looks great

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your RR looks great and Iam so pleased that you were able to find another venue for your reception. LOL at Carol's comment, yes you should have been quicker, and if there were any left overs I would have gladly given them a home.

Barb said...

That turned out nice.

The Scarlett house said...

What a wonderful piece! I love it.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Firstly....your RR is looking
just amazing!! There are so
many beautiful squares on it.
And the boarder that you've
used around it just adds a
perfect finish to the piece.

What is it about weddings and
the obligatory last minute
crisis?? With us it was our
air carrier going belly up
a few weeks before wedding
and honeymoon. I'm glad to
hear that you have weathered
the crisis and come up with
a better arrangement for your
reception.

I hear you regarding stash vs
our local currency. The
Canadian dollar is also down
after being worth more then the
American dollar just eight
months ago. Ah well. There's
nothing we can do but tighten
our collective belts...or pull
up our big girl panties and
deal with it...

I'm sorry to hear that your
stitching light has packed it
in. We can all sympathize,
I'm sure. I love my light and
magnifier and would be lost
without them.

Special request here: More
Kitten Pictures Please!!!
Thank you.

Hmmm....putting the link to
your stash wish list on your wedding invitation. Sounds
logical and practical to me.

Cheers!