Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fascinating fascinators

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours was quiet, but fun. Actually, it wasn't that quiet - my sister got Singstar Abba for Christmas from my other sister. She also bought herself a Wii, so everyone (including my parents LOL) were playing tennis, bowls, karting etc.

I had another wedding letdown just before Christmas - this time my hairdresser of six years. She phoned me to say she's selling the business and cannot do my wedding hair. Fortunately my OH (being a local businessman) is in the know, and knew that the local beauty salon has a new resident hairdresser. So it all works out perfectly - wedding hair, make-up, nails etc are all being done in one place.

So, I took a run to the bridal shop today looking for hair ornaments. I love feather fascinators, and was lucky enough to find one. I also came away with two other combs. I don't know which (if any) I will use, but at least I have a few things to take with me to the wedding hair trial in a couple of weeks. As my hair is short, ideas are thin on the ground... so I have some hair extensions on order too (OH's friend who owns the beauty salon suggested them, that's great thinking for a bloke!!).

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that wedding preparations are a lot of stress and hassle, and I can't wait for the big day itself so we can just enjoy it (which is what it should be about!).

Pictured with my hair ornament selection is my wedding sampler. I couldn't get a decent photo of it in it's entirety (due to the wrinkles and the fading light), but I am nearly finished. However, I've run out of thread so have put an order in from a shop in Auckland. Hopefully they're open between Christmas and New Year, so I can get it finished. It's been a really enjoyable and quick stitch.



I am glad you enjoyed all the kitten photos. My Mum is currently fostering all seven of them until they are old enough to be desexed and rehomed. They are so much fun!

6 comments:

karenv said...

I love the comb best, it's really pretty! What I can see of your wedding sampler looks lovely too.

Melissa said...

The wedding sampler looks wonderful from here. You have a lot of excitement ahead, Rowyn! I now it can be nerve wrecking but it will be worth it - make sure there are fresh batteries in the cameras (that happened to us!).

Von said...

So many details, so many decisions! I know your wedding will be wonderful. :)

Chrissie said...

Thank you for visiting my blog Rowyn and allowing me to find yours. Love stitching blogs.
Chrissie

Cindy F. said...

Such pretty pieces for your wedding! Your day is going to be perfect:)

...and those kitties are sooo precious!

Anonymous said...

What thread do you need? If I have some you are welcome, and I can drop it into the shop for you.

Virginia