Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ooh me eyes...

My craft lamp has left the building. I can't even say it died or had an accident, it just seemed to perish and crack all of a sudden. I was too scared to use it in case I got zapped. So it's craft lights out here (boo!). I tried stitching tonight with the room lights, but I could feel my eyes starting to strain.

Oh well, as least I have some nice new stash to fondle...



The Silver Needle are fast becoming my favourite ONS. But boy the NZ dollar is very low against the US dollar, so there's not much to show for the amount spent. I got Bent Creek's Wedding Row and Just Nan's Frost on the Pumpkins (which I've had my eye on for a while) and the fabrics for them.

If you are depressed by the world and local news right now, like I am, then think KITTENS. Yes, lots of little fluffy cute kittens....



My Mum is a volunteer at the local animal rescue and is fostering a sweet cat called Ella and her four babies. When I took this photo last weekend they were about 10 days old. Ella is no more than a kitten herself and was very scared to begin with, but is really starting to relax now.

I did get a chuckle out of CarolR's comment about the invitations saying 'No presents please'. "Beautiful invitations Rowyn but 'no presents' - what are you thinking of?! LOL" I am sooo slow sometimes, I should have put the web address for my stash wishlist!

Happy thanksgiving to my American friends!

7 comments:

Eleanor said...

The kittens are too sweet. I love the way kittens drink - kneading mama cat's tum to express the milk. And I do identify with gloating over, fondling and counting one's stash - who needs a pile of gold coins? American fabrics are becoming so expensive here too but we have a modest but attractive range of SA-made quilting cottons at US 5 dollars a metre and 150 cm wide. So i shall just have to be creative with them and add a bit of special fabric now and then.

Ginnie said...

Oh those kittens have certainly cheered me up.... adorable. Love your new stash I have Bent Creek "I do" to start after Christmas!

Dianne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Those kittens sure are cute :)

Karoline said...

Awww the cuteness :) The kittens are adoreable

Kathryn in NZ said...

I just got the Bent Creek wedding row too!!!!! SAL anyone?
What colourway will you use? Cos I'm wanting to brighten it up a bit...

Cindy F. said...

Oh Rowyn, I hope you get the lamp fixed soon!
Those kitties are so precious!! Good thing I'm not there or I'd beg dh for all of them!
Great new stash!

Carol R said...

Oh what sweet little kittens - I really miss having a cat!

You forgot your stash wishlist and now you need a new amp too. Better change those invitations fast!