Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hooray...

Heather's RR is ready to be posted home, I hope she will like the finished product. I have seen a few people say they are glad the RR has come to an end. Me too!



It was a beautiful day here today, so OH and I went crazy in the garden. We went out and spent quite a lot on plants to redo my pots, then decided we needed some more and went out and spent about the same amount again. It looks great though, and it feels summery now.

We even got stuck into a pot of irises which belonged to my Grandmother, a job I've put off for ages. My Mum had them for about 14 years, and she gave them to me a few years ago... so they were well and truly root bound. OH took a spade to them, and we eventually managed to get in and extract the (many) bulbs. They did flower occasionally, but next Spring they should be spectacular. I've already asked Santa for two half wine barrels which I've seen at one of the local garden shops to plant them in.

Have a good week everyone!

10 comments:

Lennu said...

The RR is beautiful! It's wonderful to see these RR finishes in blogs.

It's so funny to read about your gardening, as I always forget that you've got summer now, even though I know it :) Happy gardening and happy stitching :)

karenv said...

What a wonderful RR!

We spent time yesterday *emptying* pots and basically "putting the garden to bed" for the winter ;)

Karoline said...

Lovely RR, congratulations to everyone involved

Cindy F. said...

One of the most beautiful RR's I've seen! I love it!

Hey, you're preparing for summer and we're not far from winter. Texas doesn't get really cold til Jan.,Feb. Today we're in the 70's and in the 80's rest of the week! I don't like winter...can never get my feet warm:)

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! Rowyn, I love what you stitched, and I can't believe we are done now :D Thank you so much for working on it!

We just cleaned out our garden, winter is upon us!

ollie1976 said...

the RR looks great!
-Jen

Sam said...

What a fabulous RR! It looks great :o)

Daniela said...

What a beautiful RR! Neighborhood stitching looks like so much fun.
-Daniela

Carol R said...

Lovely RR!
I think I'll come spend the summer with you - I hate the long winters! lol

The Scarlett house said...

I really, really love the RR piece. I especially like the way you stitched your names around the edge. I wish it was on it's way to me :)