Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Super mail day...

I recently won Edgar's hobbit style birthday gift-a-way. We all know that Edgar is a very generous person, who spends a lot of time organising RRs and exchanges - so it really shouldn't surprise anyone that on HIS birthday he GIVES a gift!

It arrived today, and was beautifully wrapped...



and inside was a beautifully stitched and finished Pyn Keepe ... (you can click for a clearer view)



Thank you Edgar.... it is eqxuisite, and I love it!

My good fortune/luckiness has definitely continued. On Saturday I went to browse at wedding dresses. I found three possibilities, so decided to try them on. The second one turned out to be THE one! I was definitely worried about finding a dress, so I still can't believe my luck at finding one so quickly. I was encouraged to try on the third dress, but had already fallen in love wth the second one - so that was me set. We have our ceremony and reception venues chosen and booked, and are sussing out photographers now (ones that don't want an arm and a leg).

I don't think I've posted a cat pic in a while (and there's been no time for stitching), so I'll leave you with a photo of Giggsy. I only let him play with the catnip mouse occasionally because at 6.8kg Giggsy is like a baby elephant running around chasing it and he hurtles into things (although hasn't hurt himself yet, luckily). Don't let that sad face fool you, he's one pampered pet!



Have a great week!

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just catching up with your blog. Congrats on setting a date and congrats on finding the dress! How exciting!
Lovely pressie from Edgar

Ginnie said...

What a lovely gift. Glad you found THE dress!

karenv said...

You're so lucky, Edgar sent you a wonderful gift. Glad you found your wedding dress too.

Beatrice said...

Yippee you found THE dress. This IS exciting!
Edgars gift is superb...Lucky you!
You do have a very pretty cat!

StitchCat said...

Its great you have found a dress. Lucky you getting the pyn keepe. It is beautiful. Lol at your baby elephant :)

Barbara said...

What a stunning gift! :D

Kathy A. said...

That is one lovely gift! Edgar is a very special person.
I am happy that you have found the perfect wedding dress.

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous gift! Your cat is beautiful!

Hazel said...

Oh what a cute kitty cat. He looks a bit like mine what with the wonky black bit on his nose!! Mine has the same. Will have to get a pic. Nice giftie from Edgar - he is such a sweetie! x

Carol R said...

Lovely birthday gift from Edgar!

Glad your found 'the' dress

DaisyGirl said...

Congrats on setting the date! My niece just got married yesterday! I got your pattern the other day with the linen! I've got to get busy!
Donna

Sonda in OR said...

What a treat! That's a lovely pynkeepe!

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on finding the dress. Giggsy is adorable.
-Jen