Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm in love....

With my Quaker Friendship Round Robin restitch...



(Of course the photo is terrible, but if you click the picture you get a clearer view)

I stitched it using Needle Necessities 135 (Bali Hai) and DMC 3750. I just love the colours, they remind me of water (the ocean, lakes, fjords...). I picked the 3750 last night, and was pleased to see in the daylight today that it was a good choice.

Kathy your Kiwi bookmark kit went in the post today. I love native New Zealand birds. A lot of them (Tuis and native Wood Pigeons) are starting to make a reappearance after Winter. It's always nice to see them.

I also posted my HOE Prairie Schooler exchange. I stitched my all time favourite PS design, so I hope my partner will like it too. I even managed to finish it into something with my sewing machine (yay). Will post photos once it has been received.

Thanks for all the comments on my recent posts, they are always appreciated. I hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

karenv said...

Pretty (re)start!

Kendra said...

Oooo, that is pretty! I thought that floss looked really nice on the skein, glad to see it looks fabulous on fabric! Glad you enjoy it! :-)

shakatak66 said...

Yep, I have to agree with you - it's a winner! Love the colours :D

Carol R said...

Pretty colour choice for your re-stitch Rowyn!

Hazel said...

Oooh I have that thread too. I made my friend Amanda a needlebook with it. It is such a nice colour. x

Lennu said...

It's beautiful, the thread colours are so pretty!

Beatrice said...

Your colour choice is wonderful.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

I've been catching up on your blog
and all the news and things that
you've been posting about.

I love seeing pictures of the
part of New Zealand where you live.
And those beach pictures are just
spectacular! It's incredible to
see the top of the Kaikoura mountain
range floating in the distance.
You live in one heck of a beautiful
place.

So you're getting another bunny?
Good luck with choosing just the
right friend for your Tiggy.
I'll be looking forward to seeing
pictures of the new arrival.

And congrats on becoming an Aunty
by blood, so to speak. And best
wishes to your sister too.
Will you be stitching a birth
sampler, do you think??

Your Kiwi bookmark turned out
great. Love the Kiwi birds,
and that red and yellow zigzag
pattern is cool. Kathy will
love it I'm sure.

So, as you're easing into Spring,
here we're enjoying a bright
and sunny Fall. Trees are
beginning to change in earnest
and some are even starting to
drop their leaves. My favourite
time of the year!

Cheers!