Sunday, September 14, 2008

Here comes the summer sun...

It is a glorious summer-like day here today. OH and I were up early, so decided to head out to one of our favourite beaches.

It is one of our favourites because it is wild and rugged. The wind is usually blowing so hard the sand whips around your bare legs, your hair gets in a tangle and you can see some huge waves crash onto the beach. There's only usually a handful of people about too, so we always feel like we have it ourselves.

Plus, on a good day you can see the South Island. As can be seen in the first photo, today was a very good day - we were able to see the Kaikoura mountain range (which is in the South Island) in all it's snow capped glory.



And where else, other than in New Zealand, do sheep graze on the beach?? LOL



Sorry for the delayed drawing of the Kiwi bookmark. But the winner is....KathyA. If you could please email me your address Kathy (I only have your Arizona address), then I will get it in the post to you soon.


I can't show you my latest stitching finish yet (it's for the Prairie Schooler exchange on HOE), but I can show you my QFRR restitch. I started it last night. I'm using one of the lovely threads Kendra sent me for my birthday.



We bought two leather recliners for our lounge the other week - it makes stitching so much more comfortable! I can't tuck my Ginghers into my slippers when I'm stitching anymore, because my feet are too far away. LOL.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

StitchCat said...

I love the colour of the thread you are using on your QFRR restitch. After seeing the sheep on your beach, take a look at what I found down on the beach not far from our house. :)

Little Cat said...

Great photo's! Your beach looks so peaceful.

Kathy A. said...

Oh what a beautiful beach that is Rowyn and the sheep - priceless!! Will send you my address seperately hon. Im thrilled that you drew my name.

shakatak66 said...

Nice restitch - that colour looks lovely (of course I AM biased 'cos it's blue LOL). I agree with you how nice it is that we are into spring and the weather is warming up! We got to just over 30 deg on Saturday - I didn't know what to do with myself ;)

The Scarlett house said...

Hi Rowyn, thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment about my samplers. It's nice to hear from someone who shares my love of stitching. I am so jealous that you live in New Zealand. It is definitely on top of my list of places I want to visit. I could get used to sheep on the beach. Love both!

Carol R said...

My kind of beach too!

Pretty colour for your restitch of QFRR - can't wait to see it IRL.

Tanja said...

Oh how I envy you, it's so absolutely beautiful there!
Since I was a kid sheep have always been one of my favorite animals. The ocean and the beach is my favorite place to be. Maybe I should move to New Zealand!

Tanja

Pumpkin said...

Wow! Those photos are amazing and I love the sheep by the beach :o)

New furniture...nice! I wouldn't trust myself with my needles and Ginghers on a leather couch :oS