Thursday, September 25, 2008

2 down, 4 RRs to go...

I've finished my piece on Donna's RR for the Quaker Friendship RR. My restitch and Donna's RR will both be going in the post next week.



I now have Cheryl's RR in my hot little hands too (thanks Edgar!).

Judy asked if I'll be stitching my sister's baby a birth sampler. I did think about it, but my Mum said she'd be doing one (she's already knitting baby stuff on the quiet).

But that's OK, I have another exciting idea. I am a bit of a fiend for old family photos and genealogy. Last year I made contact with a lady who was able to give me photos of my Great Great Great Grandparents. So I thought I'd get a photobook printed starting with those photos and working my way through all the relatives to the present day. It's actually far more affordable to get a book printed and hand bound than I thought it would be. I think it will make a nice keepsake.

Did any Kiwi bloggers watch the doco on Romanian orphans last night? Oh my, I couldn't hold the tears in while watching that one. I'm so glad there are people helping and trying to make a difference for them.

Hang in there folks, it's not long until the weekend!

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That is a beautiful sampler. Nice work.I love the idea of doing a family history in photographs. It will be a cherished gift I am sure. Hope you have a nice weekend too.

Little Cat said...

That sounds like a great plan. A beautiful gift to be treasured for always :o)

Carol R said...

Donna's QFRR looks so beautiful

Great idea to make a family photobook - it will be such a lovely keepsake