Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Strawberry House

Once again, excellent service from Amy at Down Sunshine Lane. I responded to Cheryl's 1 August request for someone to stitch on her LHN Heartfelt Friends RR, ordered the chart and threads a day or two later and it arrived on Monday. Talk about super fast!!



I haven't any stitching photos to share. I've been working on my Long Dog Mystery Sampler while watching the Olympics - of course the only mystery left is when I might finish it!

I'd be interested to know what other stitchers do when you start a sampler in one year and finish in another? I can't decide whether I should unpick 2007 and change it to 2008, or leave as is. I asked OH, but his cheeky reply was "You should put 2009 on it"!!! LOL

Here's a couple of blogs that have caught my eye recently, so thought I'd share the links.

Lisa
Piko

Hope you're having a great week!

11 comments:

Little Cat said...

That's a pretty chart.

I haven't stitched a sampler but I think I would put the year I finished it in if I did.

Vonna said...

How nice of you Rowyn to do that for Cheryl!

Barbara said...

I'm LMAO at your DH's response!

I usually put the year I finish, but sometimes (for the right reasons) I put the year I begin.

Carol R said...

You could put 2007/8

Love the chart you have chosen for Cheryl's LHN RR

Deb said...

Oh typical man comment lol. I am not stitching much anymore at all, but if I was I would put the year I finished it in. Always look at your postings but am slack at commenting. New resolution to comment more!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rowyn,

Isn't this the cutest design???
I love the buttons used at the
top, and the colours are lovely.
Another great design from LHN to
add to the shopping list.

I think if you started a project
in say 2007 and finished it in
2008 you would put the date as
2008 as it would probably be the
last thing you stitch on the
piece.

Or you could stitch the year
that you started the project.
Or, if you stitched most of
the design in one particular
year, you could stitch that
year on the project.

Your DH sounds like most
husbands/men who respond
to their wives/partners
unfathomable (to them)
important questions with
humour. Cheeky!! :)

Thanks for sharing the new
blog links. I'm off to
visit them.

Cheers!!

Kathy A. said...

Hi Rowyn - just catching up on things!!! Your F&S blocks that you sent to Clare and received from her are lovely. I love the work you did on Wendy's Quaker RR. I do so hope the missing ones show up soon.
And your two new Papillon designs -I love them both, I want them both - off to check out their website LOL.

Cheryl said...

So grateful to you for this! Thank-you :) Love that LHN chart.

Hazel said...

Lovely chart you've picked for the rr. I don't think the date matters too much as long as you know if its the date you started it or the date you finished it. xx

Beatrice said...

That looks like a pretty chart.
I cracked up when I read your DH said to put 2009. Prove him wrong...you go girl. 2008!!!I put the year I finish it!

piko said...

wow!! thank you for link my blog.
OH's comment made me smile.:) I hope you will done in 2008.