Sunday, July 13, 2008

Disarray

My house has been bedlam this weekend. We have literally spent all weekend painting ceilings, skirting boards, our laundry etc. We had decided last week we would get new carpet and flooring. As we own a carpet and flooring business, everyone was willing to fit us in quickly (like tomorrow!) - so we've been working like troopers for the last four or five days getting the house ready. It was a bit stressful and tiring to say the least, but we're all ready now and we can't wait.

I kind of lost track of what date it was too, my partner's squares for the Fair & Square Celebrate Summer round need to be posted tomorrow. Luckily I finished them a while back and haven't missed the deadline. Good job Clare emailed me to say she'd posted mine out, or I may not have twigged :-)

On Friday the chart I won on KarenV's blog giveaway arrived. Thank you Karen! I'm looking forward to stitching this one.



Hope you all had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

You mean there's a choice other than "in disarray" for a household? Ours is always such a chaotic mess .... LOL!

Great chart that you won from KarenV - can't wait to see you stitching away on it!

Hazel said...

Congrats on winning. xx

Kathy A. said...

Nice win there girl. Wow, you must be all upside down. I am sure the renos will go well and you will be delighted with your new digs.
How cool is that - you and Clare for this round. You have both been my partners.

Crazee4books said...

Hey Rowyn,

Renovations are a pain, but when
they're all done and everything
is back in place it's always
worth the misery and aggravation.
New carpet and flooring!! Wow.
It'll be like having an entirely
new house.

The chart that you won from Karen
looks like a pretty one, and will
no doubt be fun to stitch. It's
always nice winning stuff.

Cheers!