Monday, June 02, 2008

WIP Bustin'


Quaker House Sampler by Carriage House Samplings
Originally uploaded by rosie_kiwi

I started the Quaker House Sampler by Carriage House Samplings back in January. I didn't get too far before I put it aside to concentrate on commitment stitching and other projects, but I pulled it out on Friday night and finished it over the long weekend. It was a really enjoyable piece to stitch. There is something very visually pleasing about Quaker medallions.

I wasn't sure about all the random initials. They didn't seem to add much, and don't mean anything to me - so I chose to leave them out. What do you think? Leave them out or stitch them in?

I went to see the musical CATS last night. Wow, what a fantastic show! The other three people I coaxed into going (OH being one of them) enjoyed it too, phew!

9 comments:

karenv said...

Lovely finish!

Personally, I didn't realise there were supposed to be initials, so I think leave it as it is.

Carol R said...

You could substitute the initials for those that do mean something to you but it does look fine without any.

Karoline said...

It's lovely Rowyn, congratulations

Barbara said...

I thought the initials I saw on a model were those of the designer, kbd. In any case, I think it looks fine without initials. :D

Beatrice said...

It looks lovely as is..you could use your own initials maybe????
CATS was one of the first big plays I saw way back when [25 years ago.] I still love it. I'm so glad you had a good time.
Memory was one of the songs in our concert! My DH's favorite!

Sonda in OR said...

I think it's lovely as is, but I do like the idea of putting in initials with more meaning for you. I'm going to do that on Quaker Christmas!

Hazel said...

I agree with everyone else. It looks good as it is but I think you should add initials personal to you egg family members or friends etc. BTW I love this design. x

Lennu said...

It's a very lovely WIP!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

How funny, Rowyn, I started this back in January, too, but mine has been languishing about 3/4 done as well. Yours looks super. I thought and thought about what sort of initials to put in and haven't been able to decide, either. I think it looks pretty nice without.