Saturday, June 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

Today may be mid-Winter, but what a glorious warm day it was. It is supposed to deteriorate tomorrow, but that's OK I'm well stocked with chocolate buttons and some more new stash to keep me busy.

Last weekend my little sister came to stay. We decided to do a bit of shopping and ended up at an LNS (as you do!). I bought JBWs 'Lark' and some new needles, then we went to Spotlight where I picked up a kit 'There's no such thing as too much chocolate' for half price. OH then took the pair of us out for dinner and a movie (Indiana Jones). I also received Home of a Needleworker in the post from Meg at Country Frames & Quilts a new local online shop.



Here is a belated photo of my finished Summer Cottage Garden.



I've been working on Carol's Quaker Friendship RR, although I have put it aside until my 6" by 6" q-snaps arrive. In the meantime I'm working on JBW's 'Amore' and have pulled out an old WIP from 2005 - The Drawn Thread's 'Lily of the Valley'. About time I finished it, I think I actually started it in 2004!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

karenv said...

Lovely finish! The colours really are very summery :)

Karoline said...

Summer Cottage Garden is lovely, congratulations

Barbara said...

Glad you enjoyed a lovely solstice!

Kathryn in NZ said...

Such pretty colours :) Longest day was very wet here, and windy - and heading your way!

Barb said...

Very pretty. I love the colors in it. Great job on it.

Carol R said...

Pretty colours in Summer Cottage Garden. Lovely stash haul. I see you went for Home of a Needleworker - I am really tempted by that one!
I look forward to seeing an update picture of QFRR :-)