Friday, April 18, 2008

Getting to know you...

Here's what OH built me.... a rabbit house! :-)

(As usual, you can click the photo for a clearer view)


Meg and Giggsy are most intrigued with their new rabbit-television!

Anyway, I made the fatal mistake of going to help my Mum at Animal Rescue (where she is a volunteer) the other week. This bunny had been there since March 2007, and has a slight head tilt due to having had a stroke - so being a sucker for a sad story, I went home and much to my surprise OH agreed and even said he would build the rabbit house! (OH is a hard nut with a soft centre!)

I just picked her up a couple of hours ago. After a few minutes in her house she stomped her feet at me when I put my hand in to pat her, so she's already claimed her territory!

She seems to be having a great time running up and down sniffing everything, nibbling on her food and sniffing noses with the cats.

A hoppy ending!

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh my goodness! I'd never have guessed that!

What a cutie. And what a soft touch you are! LOL! :)

StitchCat said...

What a kind heart you have Rowyn :)

StitchCat said...

Oh and let us know what you call her!

Carol R said...

Cute bunny and I love how your cats are checking her out

Barb said...

Great picture of the animals. When I was young we had a cat and a rabbit who just loved to play with each other. We supervised them so the cat wouldn't hurt the rabbit. I love this picture those cats are curious.

June said...

Ah, mystery solved! Great pic of the pets - I love how they're checking each other out. :)

Doris said...

cute picture,and kind heart that you have

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

What a wonderful new addition! And this is why I can't go near animal rescues. We'd have a menagerie, for sure! LOL Glad hubby was so agreeable in building a home for her.

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on the new family member. I've had 5 rabbits in the past and they are great pets.
-Jen

Pumpkin said...

What a beautiful rabbit hutch! OH did a great job :o)

I have such a soft spot for bunnies and have one myself that I got from the local shelter.