Saturday, March 29, 2008
It's a pity the photos don't do the sparkly crystals and beads, and the squares themselves justice. They're so much prettier in real life!
In the meme 'Four things', I mentioned that my Mum's trifle was one of the things I love to eat. Barbara wanted to know what trifle was - it's a very scrummy dessert - fruit, jelly, sponge, a drop of sherry, a layer of custard, and then cream on top. We only have it at Christmas time, and it is a tradition that we have it for breakfast the next morning too. LOL! I've never tasted another trifle that is a patch on Mum's. :-)
Enjoy your weekend, whatever you might be doing!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
My piece 'Dragon Rampant' on Hello Neighbour RR
Originally uploaded by rosie_kiwi
here's Dragon Rampant (a Teresa Wentzler design) for Dani's Hello Neighbour RR.
I really wanted to get this finished ahead of time, since I was late last time. Mission accomplished!
* Jane Eyre
* Tears of the Sun
* Casino Royale (Daniel Craig - swoon!)
* The Mummy
Four places I've lived
* Upper Hutt, New Zealand
* Canterbury, England
* Ballymena, Northern Ireland
... I can only do three :-)
Four TV shows I watch
* Border Patrol
* Escape to the Country
* rugby... not by choice
* more rugby... not by choice lol
Four places I've been
Four things I love to eat
* chocolate (be gone Easter!)
* my Mum's trifle
Four places I'd rather be
* lazing on a beach in Fiji
* Fiordland, NZ
* stash enhancing in the USA
* Kent, England
Four things I look forward to
* finishing the huge project I'm working on at work
* watching our family business take off
* getting married
* completing my Diploma in Photography
Four people to tag
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Fair & Square Exchange - Squares for Kathy A
Originally uploaded by rosie_kiwi
I've heard today that Kathy received her squares from me (I stitched Papillons Tiny Little Quaker in DMC 99 - I love how it turned out). It was fun to get to know her a little better, and be involved in an exchange with such a lovely lady. I hope we'll keep in touch.
I'm a bit quiet on the blog front at the moment, but I am stitching. I'm close to finishing my part for Dani's Neighbourhood RR (I can't wait to show you what I'm stitching on her Fairytale themed neighbourhood), and I'm just stitching the borders on the Hooked on Exchanging biscornu to get it ready to put it together. Luckily I've made a biscornu before, so I'm sure it will be easier and quicker second time around. I'm finishing-challenged you see. :-)
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Monday, March 03, 2008
First, the Rules:
1 Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you
2 Post the Rules on your blog
3 Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog
4 Tag 7 people and link them
5 Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged
Now, the 7 wierd/random facts about me -
1. I have Cliff Richard's autograph personally signed for me. I know someone who knows someone who knows him :-)
2. I once gatecrashed a controversial art exhibition with some co-workers. I'm sure we stuck out like a sore thumb - we were the ones tittering and snickering at the 'art'
3. I would love to live in the English countryside in an old cottage
4. The new job I started last year made me worry a lot (I do that anyway, but even more so!). Good job I've finally relaxed into it!
5. My Dad is English and my Mum is a Kiwi of Scottish descent
6. My work gave me a gift voucher for Xmas, and I spent it on a gliding flight for my OH and a telescope so we can look at the stars (it was a mission getting it put together, and we still haven't worked out how to work it!)
7. I can't not wear perfume, I have to smell good :-)
I won't tag seven people, as many of your have already done this.