Saturday, February 16, 2008

How spoilt am I?


Exchange from Kathy A. in Yuma, AZ
Originally uploaded by rosie_kiwi

My Fair & Square exchange arrived yesterday from the lovely Kathy. I am still overwhelmed by the beautiful squares (you can't see from the photo but they have crystals and beads on them) and all the amazing gifts she sent.

So, in the package was - the gorgeous squares, the chart for Paradigm Lost (I had intended buying this at some stage, as I loved watching Carol's progress - it's a stunning piece), a packet of Swavroski crystals, two skeins of DMC 4240 (variegated), a hole scaler (which will definitely come in handy for some of my unlabelled fabrics), two fat quarters of fabric (I really must get my sewing machine out which I got for my birthday last year and have hardly used), a pretty postcard from Yuma (Arizona), a Roadrunner card and last but not least a beading kit. I hope when I post Kathy's parcel out she'll be as thrilled to bits with what I send her, as I was at receiving all these lovely goodies! :-)

I don't have any stitching progress to share at the moment - it's all exchange stitching. I decided this year to participate in more exchanges - to get to know my fellow bloggers better, and because giving and receiving is always fun.

However, after my current committments are over I am going to have to stop for a while - because I'm about to become a student (as well as working full time). I'm starting a Diploma in Photography at the end of this month.

I will be continuing with my Quaker Friendship RR and Hello Neighbour RR committments though (it's not all going to be work and study!).

At least I can still buy stash, and I got the bargain of the century on TradeMe last night. Just don't tell my OH.... lol. I bought the kit for Day Surrendering to Night by Kustom Krafts for NZ$18 (including postage) - that's probably about US$10 and GBP 6.00.

7 comments:

BeckySC said...

Lovely squares and great goodies :) Enjoy! :)

Barbara said...

Yep, you're spoiled! ;) Enjoy your goodies!

Carol said...

What a lovely exchange! Congratulations!

Kathy A. said...

Glad you liked your package Rowyn. it was a pleasure to stitch for you.

Carol R said...

You've been tagged! Come visit me.

Leena said...

Great exchange, enjoy :)

Kathryn in NZ said...

All the best for the year, Rowyn - that's quite a challenge you've taken on.
The glasses on the cat were from Mr Potato Head. He's such a sharing kinda toy :)