Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ooky spooky Saturday

It has been a no stitching weekend so far. Last night we went on a Ghost Hunt in the Wairarapa.

We started off in a cemetry where we captured some orbs...



Paranormal activity was at a bit of a low, so we had to make our own fun...



We did manage to capture a glowing eyed beast of the night on camera... it was about the only 'activity' going on. (By the way, it's a possum! Probably wondering what all the flashing was about!)



We then got taken to a secret location - an unused theatre. We were guaranteed paranormal activity here, but despite some of the others calling on the spirits (while I tried very hard not to wet myself laughing) there were definitely no ghosts in there. Unless you count the only red orb of the night...



In a last ditch attempt to get at least one fright for the night we went to a cinema which is in use, and despite the clairvoyant believing there was a spirit there (note the orb above her head which was right after she said that) I never felt anything.

She said there was a large dark shadow standing behind me right after that... I said it was probably the shadow of my big backside she could see, which cracked everyone up!



It was a fantastic evening - the thrill of the chase, the anomalies caught on camera, the people we met, the one strange noise we heard, playing with the ghost detecting equipment, getting home in the wee small hours of the morning and of course, all the laughs we had! (And will continue to have over our silly adventure).

And hey, I'm VERY glad I still don't know whether ghosts do or don't exist.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

This sounds like so much fun to me!!

Kathy A. said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We did a ghost walk in Quebec City one time - no ghosts - but lots of laughter there too.

Wawanna said...

Lots of fun, I'm sure but a bit too spooky for me. Thanks for telling us all about your adventures, cause that is as close as I even intend to be! Have a super weekend & enjoy your ghost stories and things that go bump in the night.