Friday, December 07, 2007

Normal service to resume

Although I've been reading blogs, I haven't posted much at all over the past few months. Sorry about that, but normal service is about to resume.

We had houseguests for three months, which I found unbelievably stressful and suffocating. I'm so glad to finally have peace and tidiness restored in my house.

I have been up in Auckland on a work trip for the past three days. My boss and I stayed at a hotel on the Viaduct which was lovely, and on Wednesday night I went up the Sky Tower. I'm not a great fan of heights, so I did wonder as I was going up why on earth I was there. LOL. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera to be able to share any photos (unless I figure how to get photos from my mobile to my laptop!) - but I will next time!

I found a cross stitch shop near our Auckland Office - but couldn't find anything I liked. I'm too fussy now that I can shop worldwide on the internet from my living room! :-)

When I got home from my trip last night OH had converted one of our spare rooms into a craft room for me. So sweet! I now have my sewing machine, stash, magazines etc etc all in one room. Yippeee. He stayed up really late both nights I was away cleaning the house, moving things around to get the room sorted for me, cleaning up the garden - and he even found time to wash the car! Here's for a relaxing weekend now that everything is done! And my parents are taking us out for dinner tonight (great!) which means no cooking.

I have been doing a little stitching. I finished up my square on Vonna's RR last week.



I've also put a few more stitches into Long Dog, and am nearly finished JBW Designs 'French Country ABCs'. Photos to follow.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

8 comments:

Little Cat said...

House guests for 3 months! That would have driven me up the wall!

Your rr square is cute. I love the little blue bird on the tree lol. too cute!

Barbara said...

Very nice to see you posting again! I agree with Karen - 3 months of houseguests would have me in need of a padded room. ;)

Your RR block is very nice!

Nicola said...

Glad to see you back Rowyn. Love your RR square.

Von said...

Nice to see you back in the blogging world, Rowyn. :)

House guests for three months would have driven me wild!! I don't think the term "guest" applies for anyone who stays longer than two weeks - and that's a stretch. :D

Kathryn in NZ said...

You're back YAY! Love the stitching, and way to go with the craft room. He sounds like a keeper :)

June said...

Welcome back! :)

House guests for three months? You deserve a medal! :0

Cheryl said...

House guests for 3 months sounds intense!! How great of your OH to sort out a craft room for you. Im very jealous ;)
Lovely stitching on the RR

Hazel said...

Nice to see you posting again. Wow you sound like you are one blessed girl to have such a sweet hubby! I would so love that. I have a room set aside for my craft room but DH has just filled it with junk!! and baby stuff too. One day maybe. Great RR and cant wait to see your long dog. xx