Friday, December 28, 2007

I can't think of a lively title for this post, so this is it! :-)

From what I've been reading on blogs, it sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Mine started off fairly early with a visit to OH's family to see what Santa left his nephew, then up to my parents to exchange pressies, followed by brunch at my sisters (delicious) with lots of laughs (especially when my younger sister put a bebe gun pellet through my BIL and older sister's garage window - at least I always hit the target!), then back to see OH's family to play with nephews cool new toys, and then everyone gathered at my parents in the late afternoon for our usual evening Christmas dinner. A great time was had by all.

Here's my progress on my Long Dog 18th Century Band Sampler. There are still a couple of bands to go. I've found the bands stitch up quite quickly, even though it looks intricate it's an easy and pleasurable design to stitch.



And finally, here's a photo of JBW Designs French Country ABCs. I finished it the other week, but with all the festivities leading up to Chrismtas I didn't have a chance to post a photo. It definitely needs to be made into something, as it is a bit 'blah'.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Lovely work on the Long Dog! I just started on the row with the pots of flowers! And yoru JBW piece is lovely!

Doris said...

oh! the long dog,is a beauty! congratulations. and the ABC very elegant

shakatak66 said...

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the very best for the rest of the festive season. Hope 2008 is filled with peace, joy and happiness :)

Kathryn in NZ said...

Lond Dog is looking so good! ABC is elegant, as Doris says. A needle roll maybe?
Happy New Year Rowyn :)

Jen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun for the holiday. Happy New Year. The alphabet is beautiful.

Leena said...

Happy New Year Rowyn! Your Long Dog sampler looks wonderful, great progress! The alphabet is beautiful too, congratulations on the finish!