Saturday, July 14, 2007

Jack Frost...

Our home ventilation system said it was O degrees in our roofspace this morning, and 8 degrees in the rest of the house. So I kind of knew what to expect when I opened the curtains - ice and blue skies!

So, after checking my neighbours still had their curtains shut I tiptoed out in my pink fleecy pyjamas and took a few shots with my new pressie OH bought me last weekend (a Nikon-D40)! It's so icy I almost went for a skate, I don't remember the last time it was so freaking cold.

As usual, you can click the photos for a nice clear picture.









We are out for our usual Saturday lunch in a few hours, and then I'm going to Nancy's in Wellington (LNS). I've never been before, and whenever I have plans to go they get thwarted. Hopefully today I will actually make it! :0)

9 comments:

Gill said...

Great piccies - it does look cold though!

And I don't know about checking the neighbours' curtains were shut...all my neighbours wander around in the street in their jammies! ROTFL

Virginia said...

I'm trying to work out where you live, Rowyn. Would it be Riverstone?

Virginia in Trentham

Barbara said...

Cool camera!!

Stay warm this weekend! Brr!!

Nicki said...

That's cold! Glad I'm not there ;) Looks gorgeous though.

Karin said...

Awesome pictures - you must be happy with the new camera. Stay Warm!

Hazel said...

Wow frosty!!!! Great pics. xx

Name: Vicki said...

Great pictures! Here in our part of the US, it's very HOT!! And humid! Wish we could combine your temp and ours and we would both have very pleasant temps! lol Have a great day!

StitchCat said...

Lovely photos Rowyn...its was -11 here in Reefton this morning...brrrr :)

tkdchick said...

Ooooh I'm jealous I'd kill for a Digital SLR!!!!