Thursday, July 19, 2007

I turned 30 recently...

and (hhhh-hmmm) 33 even more recently :0) (Sorry to Billy Connolly for pinching his joke!). Yep, it was my birthday yesterday. I can't believe how fast they come around, but hey I don't mind being spoiled and spoiled I was...

I was touched to receive a beautiful fob from Carol in the post for my birthday. Thanks again Carol - you are such a generous person, and a constant source of stitching inspiration. The fob is beautifully stitched and finished, and my Mum and sisters oohed and ahhhhed over it last night when they came around for dinner. I love it!



The spoiling continued... look what my family gave me!



We had a great laugh last night getting it up and going. Now to learn to sew :0)

15 comments:

xstitch.nl said...

Congratulations, Rowyn!! Sounds like you had a great day! Carol's fob is beautiful!!

ollie1976 said...

Happy birthday.
-Jen

Carol said...

You are so welcome dear Rowyn - it was my pleasure!! What a fantastic sewing machine!!!! Woo Hoo!

Hazel said...

Fab! I'm only a year behind you lol! Great fob and sewing machine. xx

Little Grey Cat said...

Ooh, happy birthday Rowyn! What lovely gifts :o)

I'm a little past you - will be 40 this year (grumble, grumble ...)

Kathryn in NZ said...

Happy Birthday fellow Cancerian! Glad you had a great day. Enjoy that sewing machine :)

Stitch Wizard said...

Rowyn, A late Happy Birthday to you!! You got some really great gifts!!! The fob that Carol made is so pretty!!! I remember when I was having my 30th birthday and oh I felt like I was over the hill. Well I went over the hill at 50 but I still feel like I am still young inside!! At least the top half of me is still young! The bottom half, well, it a little slower with my bionic knees. By the way, your round robin is really pretty too! Debby :)

Karin said...

Happy Birthday! What a generous person Carol is - she stitched me a fob for my 33rd too.

tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely gift from Carol and oooh a sewing machine!

Barbara said...

Oh happy (belated) birthday, Rowyn!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Happy belated birthday from me also. Glad you were spoilt.

Joanne

Cheryl said...

Happy (belated) birthday!! Lovely fob from Carol and good luck with the sewing machine :)

Leena said...

Happy belated birthday Rowyn!! What a lovely fob from Carol and the sewing machine looks fantastic!

Little Grey Cat said...

Hi Rowyn

If you do get the poppies kit and fancy doing it as a SAL, give me a shout. It's a huge kit and it would be good to have some company whilst stitching it.

June said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!

You received lovely gifts. :)