Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ladybugs and Bumblebees progress

In between bouts of my new obsession (genealogy) I've been doing some stitching on Ladybugs and Bumblebees. It is a really enjoyable pattern to stitch. I'm using 'Limestone' 32 count Lugana... and it doesn't slip around in the Q-snaps which is great!



I was offered a new job on Thursday, accepted on Friday and start on Monday. It is still at the same firm, but is far more advanced than what I have been doing - so while I'm excited at the prospect, I'm also quite nervous. They particularly wanted me for the role, and think I'm capable of doing it - oh how I hope I don't disappoint them!! Anyway, I think I will celebrate with some new stash (any excuse, eh!?).

Hope you're all having a great weekend!


P.S. - Just after I published this post I went outside to check how the chrysalis was doing. I had given up hope really because there didn't appear to be any change for a long time, so I was really excited to see that the butterfly wings have formed and have colour!

14 comments:

BeckySC said...

Your progress looks great :)

Lisa said...

Great progress on Ladybugs and the chrysalis :)

Itching To Stitch said...

Love your Ladybugs & Bumblebees, and congrats on the new job ;)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your new job and to your OH also. Ladybugs and Bumblebees is looking lovely.

Joanne

Barbara said...

A great post on ladybugs, bumblebees, and BUTTERFLIES! :)

Good luck with the new job!

Carol said...

Oh, beautiful!!!!

Katrina in NZ said...

This is such a pretty design, look forward to seeing more of your progress :) all the best for your new job too.

Nicola said...

Congratulations on the new job Rowyn. Great progress on Ladybugs and Bumblebees. I really like these CCN designs, (and LHN ones) they are so easy and relaxing to stitch.

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on the new position-butterfly is coming along nicely
-Jen

Karoline said...

Congratulations on the new role. Great progress on Ladybugs.

Carto said...

Fantastic news about your new job - congratulations, I'm so happy for your. Your progress is looking good and I hope you can manage take a snap of the butterfly when it emerges before it disappears :)

Cheryl said...

Just catching up on your blog after my hols. Love the new start and your RR, thanks for the link to all those freebie houses, that will come in useful im sure. Congrats on the new job

June said...

Congrats on the new job! :)

Ladybugs is looking good - nice choice of fabric for it.

Stitch Wizard said...

Ladybugs is really pretty and you are doing a great job on it! I think that you and I have a lot of the same tastes in things as I just looked at your wish list! You have wonderful taste in things and have given me so ideas too! We love lots of the same designers it looks like!! Debby :)