Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hatched, dispatched & I didn't see a thing!

... that's the butterfly I'm talking about. Glad it made it, but bummed I didn't see it!

Progress on Ladybugs and Bumblebees was halted last weekend when I ran out of one of the main colours. Of course, nowhere in NZ that I could find stocks 'Cottage Colours'... but luckily I managed to find a stockist in Australia. It should be here very soon.



So I picked a UFO to work on while I wait on it to arrive. I thought that Woodland Santa deserved some attention, so I'm plodding away on that.



We were to expect a 'polar blast' this weekend. Well, I took this photo in my backyard today and if that is a blast from the Antarctic... then bring 'em on! lol. Yesterday was exactly the same. Sorry to my friends in the South though, who really are suffering the effects of the wild weather.



This was a photo I took earlier in the week out of my lounge window. We had a flurry of pretty rainbows, so I couldn't resist taking some photos.



I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I was doing some genealogical research. I have made contact with four distant relations (I found them online) - and amazingly, one lady lived in the same English village as my late Great Uncle and actually knew him and his wife - but never knew they were related until she got in contact with me!!! Amazing!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Well, that's the first time I've felt sad to be away from NZ! Your first photo is gorgeous. So stunningly NZ - I think it must be the light. It couldn't be anywhere else :)

The WIPs look lovely too :)

Little Grey Cat said...

Your wips are lovely and your photo's are just gorgeous! Look at that sky ... here it's permanently grey and overcast these days.

What a shame you didn't see your butterfly. I had one on my front door a couple of years ago and was lucky enough to see it hatch. It was actually a moth, but it was really pretty.

Carol said...

What a shame that you missed the butterfly :-( I bet it was beautiful!! It's never any fun when you run out of a fiber and have to wait for more to come in... sigh....

Carto said...

Hello :)

'Ladybugs and Bumblebees' is looking rather splendid - yet another one to add to my wish list lol.

Oh bummer about the butterfly, but like you say, I'm glad it made it into the world unscathed :) x

Lisa said...

Sorry you missed the butterfly :(

Wish the sky here was that clear but with all the sand (and construction) there's always a haze.

Great progress on L&B, hope the thread arrives soon :)

Barbara said...

Your genealogical research sounds fun - I should try to look up our relatives still in Scotland and England.

Sorry you missed the butterfly, but those rainbows would've helped soften the blow! ;)