Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prairie Schooler freebie finish and a garden surprise

I had seen this cute design on a few blogs recently, so decided to stitch it for myself. The colours are prettier in real life, it's just my finishes always seem to happen just as the light is fading for the day :0) You can find the freebie here



As for the garden surprise. This is the bigger of the two caterpillars just yesterday afternoon...



... and just 24 hours later, it's cacooned!



Sorry to those who don't like looking at the caterpillar photos. You wouldn't want to see the large version of the photo above, it's so clear you can see it's little hairy legs. LOL! Anyway, it will be a lot better looking when it re-emerges (oh how I hope I'm not at work when it happens!).

Hope you're all having a good start to your week.

9 comments:

bunnyhead said...

Very cool buggy pics! And congrats on your small finish. That design is so cute!

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your finish! Wow the caterpillar pictures are fascinating

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on the cocoon!

Carol said...

What a cute finish! I have been enjoying your caterpillar pics for some time now - cannot wait until it is warm enough here to enjoy some as well :-)

Barbara said...

Okay, I don't like bugs, but caterpillars are different. Believe it or not, I was terrified of butterflies till I was well into my 20's....

Great finish, btw!

Itching To Stitch said...

Your PS freebie came out very nice. I'm not a bug person though ;)

Karen's Blog said...

I love the PS freebie. I have downloaded this one but it is much nicer stitched!!

Lizzy said...

Love this PS design, Rowyn and yours is lovely! The colours are just beautiful!!!

I love seeing your caterpillar photos... they are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us... :-)

StitchCat said...

Your little PS freebie is very cute...how are you going to finish it for display?