Saturday, April 14, 2007

Autumn finish

With Autumn well and truly here (brrrr it's been cold at times), I decided to stitch 'Alphabet Tree' from Blue Ribbon designs in an Autumnal colour. This freebie is still available here, along with two other lovely ones if you're interested.



Global warming has my garden very confused. I'm sure my Dahlias should have stopped blooming long before now!



I haven't mentioned it lately... but only two caterpillars remain (a big one and a little one) on my Swan plants. They all disappeared after I went out and bought three extra plants for them to eat.

Anyway - I'm not sure if you can tell in this smaller version of the photo, but this caterpillar looks like it might just be starting to make it's cacoon. Either that or it has a bad a case of the dribbles!



Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Your Alphabet Tree is very pretty. Love those Autumn colors. Love your Dahlia too, but not the caterpillar ;)

Lisa said...

Love the colours of your Alphabet Tree.

DD wants the pink dahlia for her room, she's pink mad, but you can keep the caterpillar lol :-)

Barbara said...

I'll take the caterpillar that Lisa's DD doesn't want. LOL! She can have the pink flower - I much prefer the lovely shades in your Autumn finish!

artystitches said...

Nice little pattern love the colours, thank you for the link.

Thats a good shot of the caterpillar.

Carol said...

That's beautiful Rowyn - I cannot wait to see how you finish it off.

BeckySC said...

Thank you for visiting my blog :)

I love your Autumn finish :)

Cheryl said...

Alphabet tree looks great. I love your pictures, especially the flower

stitcherw said...

Alphabet tree turned out lovely, the colors really do have a autumn feel to them. Your Dahlia picture is lovely too. Here in the US we should be in spring and having things blooming by now. However, we keep getting cold and so are getting a very late start. I can't believe we had snow at Easter. I spent the day with my DB and his family, and he still decided to grill outside, in the snow, made for some interesting Easter pictures this year, LOL.
Sue

Anne S said...

Funnily enough I just dragged that chart out of my freebie folder last week, and was thinking of use very similar colours - yours turned out beautifully :) Love the dahlia too ... and personally I'm with Barbara, I love the caterpillar too :D

bunnyhead said...

Beautiful finish!

catandturtle said...

I love your alphabet tree. Very cute and awesome thread color. Ann.

Leena said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! What a lovely autumn design, thanks for the link! I love your caterpillar photos and other garden photos :) Your cat looks so cute!