Monday, February 26, 2007

Love 'em (don't eat 'em!)

Whales that is!

Wow, what an amazing weekend away for OH's birthday. We were lucky enough to see two Sperm Whales on the Kaikoura coast. I managed only one half-reasonable photo of the whales... they call this whale 'Noodle'.



We also saw plenty of seals, some in the water and some at colonies along the coast. As well as a big pod of dolphins playing and leaping out of the water (but too far away to see well).



I'm going to look into a similar whale/dolphin watching tours for our Australia trip in August.

I managed a little stitching on the Long Dog mystery sampler over the weekend.



And let us not talk about my disappointment with 'The Looking Glass' (stash shop) in Picton, where NO money was spent. Perhaps I've been spoilt with internet shopping since I was last down that way!?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

12 comments:

Carol said...

What great photos! Glad you had such a nice getaway! Your LD sampler looks fantastic! I finally put a few stitches in mine again last night too.

June said...

Awww, the seal pic is too precious! :D Sounds like you had a fantastic time. The sampler is looking great.

Lisa said...

What stunning photos, I'm so jealous.

LD Sampler looks great :o)

Little Grey Cat said...

Wow, that place looks like heaven! Gorgeous photographs. You must have had a smashing time.

Still love the sampler. It looks like it's going to be very colourful.

He he he, love the comment you left on my blog - too clever! lol

bunnyhead said...

Greats pics! And your sampler looks wonderful as well :)

Kathy said...

Oh wow what lovely photos. LD is looking great they are gorgeous colours. Will have to start mine soon, getting itchy fingers lol.

Hugs xxxxxx

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your LD sampler! It is looking wonderful.

Barb said...

Great stitching so far on the sampler. I like the colors. I loved the pictures of the the animals they were great, especially the whales.

Carto said...

Aww I love the photies - and yes I wholeheartedly agree - they're not for eating! And your stitching is coming on brill! xx

catandturtle said...

Your stitching is awesome. I love the pic of the seal and whale. Ann.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your Long Dog Mystery Sampler is just really beautiful!! What a great job you are doing on it! Awesome!! Debby:)

Barbara said...

WOW! What wonderful pictures!!!