Saturday, January 06, 2007

Everything purple (and chart trade, anyone?)

I have my first finish for 2007 - Lavender Hill by Little House Needleworks. It was stitched on 32 count 'Rose Petals' fabric from Countrystitch. I waited until today to take a photo to see if I could capture the colour of the fabric better in the daylight, but it is far more subtle and pretty than what it looks in this photo.



Since I've decided to go purple today, here are a couple of my purple pansies. Wellington is having the coldest summer in 70 years, so it is amazing that anything is flowering at all really. Our native flaxes which usually flower and bring the Tuis (native bird) to our kitchen window haven't flowered at all this year. Booooo!





Since I changed my blog over to the new Blogger I've been unable to comment on Carol's blog. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? (Anyway Carol, I'm pleased to read that Angus is home and recovering and belated congratulations on finishing Mystery IX - it is stunning!).
I plan on listing a few charts (Drawn Thread, Little House Needleworks etc) I would like to trade soon, if anyone is interested please feel free to check back.

5 comments:

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Cute finish! Hasn't our summer been just awful - I keep thinking it MUST get better, but it isn't :(

Nicola said...

Hi Rowyn, I'm Nicola from 3 Brits and a Kiwi! Lavender Hill is lovely, have it in mind to stitch that myself one day. I love your pansies, they are one of my favourite flowers and the purple and blue ones are my favourite colours.

Karen's Blog said...

Lavender Hill is so lovley Rowyn. I love Little House Needleworks too. The pansies are gorgeous as well.

Kathy said...

Wow that is lovely, adn love your Pansies too.

Hugs & Stitches xxxxxx

Nicki said...

'Summer' isn't any better up this end of the island either! Though I actually prefer it cooler than humid and hot :)

Love your finish - I have some of that Rose Petals fabric and I can imagine how lovely it is IRL. If you want to trade that chart I'd be interested :) Not sure if I have anything you'd like :)

Beautiful pansies too :)